Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 PM   #35311 
Sakura8

Congrats, Tisia!

Maisy, poor thing. Lemee look at my fish book . . . recommended is 50 gallons.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:57 PM   #35312 
xjenuhfur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Good luck with the tryouts, Jen. I remember when I tried out for a high school flag team. I didn't make it (honestly, the tryouts were rigged because the coach was a sleazeball who only wanted girls with big boobs so he could hit on them) but it was really fun tossing the flag.
I did winterguard first, which in indoor. But my friend made me do it because we supposed to be doing a hip-hop winterguard show (we didn't) but I got hooked anyway. I did marching and winter my senior year and have been dying to get back into it, my old college didn't have a band so I've been out of it for 4 years. I just took a video of the work I've been doing for the trouts, I got kinda lost half-way because I literally had just added on/changed it, but if you guys want to see it, I'll post it. And don't laugh because I'm wearing my brothers shorts and some old stanky clothes so I could get all sweaty in them! I did not, however, record my rifle work. (it sucked anyway)

Edit: oh, and it smacked both my shins with both my rifle and my flag. As well as my face today. I'm gonna look so cute tomorrow.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #35313 
Yaoilover12397

Yes, Finally got high bid on this little girl. Hopefully no one outbids me.
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #35314 
xjenuhfur

She's prettttty. I would start a sorority if I wasn't scared out of my mind!
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:36 PM   #35315 
Yaoilover12397

I'm a little scared. I tried to once and it went really bad. I think it was inexperience and bad planning.
Yaoilover12397 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #35316 
Tikibirds

How do I know if this snail petco sold me is alive?
and if it is, what are the requirements?

and my sisters friend got a betta for her b day, well technically i got the fish for her, not sure if that was a good idea or not but since it was a blue VT and petco had a million of them on the shelf, i figured he would be better off with her, even if only in .5 gallon.

and...

at the very bottom there was this whitish delta tail with a very tiny tail fin...with pieces of rotted..stuff floating in his cup. Poor guy had an amonia reading off the chart, literally. His name shall be Finneas and the snail shall be known as Perry, assuming its actually alive.

and my mother is none the wiser...

and my sister found another goldfish. Its kind of a cooper color. I think its a goldfish..i hope
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:48 PM   #35317 
Sakura8

Jen, post it, post it! I love marching bands and drill teams etc.

Yaoi, oooh, purrrrrty!

Tiki, I probably know just as much about snails as you do. Ask Silverfang, she knows a lot. How big is the snail? Is it an apple snail or a pond snail?

Good luck with Finneas and I hope your sister's friend treats her new boy well. And oh darn, poor goldfish. :( We were all hoping she wouldn't find one. Why does she insist on goldfish? Why not something that produces less waste? Like danios? Sigh.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:57 PM   #35318 
Tikibirds

I have no idea - its like a 1 inch snail and black. I wanted the one crawling on the wall but the dude was like NO this one is fine.

I dont know what her thing with goldfish is bt she does plan on upgrading to at least 15 gallons, so i guess thats a start. The new one is TINY. I think Finneas will be OK, he is swimming around and alert which is a good sign.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 04-05-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:18 PM   #35319 
Silverfang

awww... I don't know that much! really *blush*
Tiki, does it look like this? http://applesnail.net/content/photog...id_walking.jpg
Well, if it's alive if you pick it up it will hide in it's shell, if you touch it's trap door it will retract further. Also, it will stink to the heavens if it is dead... so so I've been told.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #35320 
Tikibirds

Not so great pics
Finneas - kinda has the same pattern as Ferb and looks like Sesshy, kind of :(

SNail - ok so that pic helps in no way

It is not oozing, not smelly and not floating. The door is closed shut. The shape of the shell kind of looks like that - but its black. The apple snails were in the next tank over. These ones were all black with black fleshy part - at least the ones crawling on the tank were.

I put it in fresh water in a betta cup. Didn;t want it contaminating anything if it is dead. should i float in in a heated tank?

Last edited by Tikibirds; 04-05-2012 at 08:26 PM.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese