Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #36201 
Sakura8

Haha, true. The Oriental trader selling exotic spices and herbal remedies. That would be interesting, actually. :D

Enh, wait till tomorrow. If you wake the Jets up now they'll expect food, haha.

Silver, Did you walk in on your snails again? "Hey, a little privacy here!"

Wolfie, neat! I love MA, Boston is one of my favorite cities. HUUUUGE Boston Pops fan(atic) here.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:26 AM   #36202 
Silverfang

I was just checking on my girls... and there they were. It'll be over soon, young guy, mature female.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:27 AM   #36203 
djembekah

Enh lol wat.

the lights are off but in the reflection of the tv i still see them zipping around being boogers. they probably want food. im being really lazy today holy cow
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:30 AM   #36204 
Sakura8

Silver, haha. I think I want more snails but I'd have to put them in the 29g. I want baby snails!!!!

Bekah, we're humans. We excel at lazy. XD
Old 04-21-2012, 01:38 AM   #36205 
Tikibirds

Quote:
iki, I love the mustache! Sooo cute! Are those the goldies?

And hte new girl is adorable. She has such a stunned look on her face, like, "What the heck? Where am I? Who is that?"

Awww, demon kitty looks so cute to me. Of course, it's been 7 or 8 years since I've had a kitten. The rest of my kitties all came to me full-grown and conveniently spayed/neutered. :)

EDIT II: Nope, snails would add ammonia and plants would actually suck up nitrates. Maybe they suck up nitrite too, I can't quite remember.
Those are my sister's goldie's. I picked out the little guy, otherwise she would of brought home a koi or shubkin

New girls looks almost identical to India, I had to get her. Plus she was there for a while.

demon kitty looks cute but he is a devil and gets into everything. He LOVES this one blanket of mine. Grace takes him out of my room and puts him in hers only for him to return 5 minutes later.

In other news:

From Japan earthquake and animal rescue

http://www.facebook.com/AnimalRescueJapan
Dear Friends around the world,

April 22 in 2011 became a sad day no animal lovers can forget.

After the great earthquake and tsunami on March 11, 2011, the nuclear power plant in Fukushima exploded, contaminating the surrounding area and forcing the residents to evacuate immediately.

When the people evacuated in a hurry, they were not allowed to take their pets in the officially provided buses. Of course, there was no way for the farmers to save cows, pigs, hens, ostriches etc. But the refugees first thought they would be able to go back soon.

Unfortunately, however, they were not.

On April 22, a sudden official announcement stated that the area within a 20km radius from the plant shall be completely blocked. At first, even the original residents were not able to get permission to enter there, needless to say, nor animal rescue volunteers.

Pets and livestock depend on people who feed them. While people were not able to enter the no-go zone, countless pets and livestock lost their lives in miserable situation. This tragedy is not past but still present.

On April 22 in 2012, the first anniversary of the area blockage, or the day “the national government gave up on animals,” we will hold the memorial services in Fukushima and Tokyo. We pray for the lost lives and pledge to keep on helping the animals that are still struggling to live. We also invite people in Japan and around the world to share a moment of silence at 2:46pm for the animals.

Dear friends from around the world, who respect animals’ lives, regardless of your race, nationality or religion, let’s share the action on April 22.
Please join us for a moment of silence and prayer.

4.22 警戒区域内どうぶつ慰霊祭

一年前の2011年4月22日。
政府は東京電力福島第一原発から20km圏内を法的な立ち入り制限のある「警戒区域」に指定。地元住民にと って、我が家への帰宅が法的な束縛を伴うものになりました。
この決定は、かろうじて自分のペットや家畜の世話をしていた人々、与えられる餌によって生き延びた動物たち にはとりわけ非情で過酷なものでした。さしたる手助けもないまま、いのちを諦めろといわれたに等しいものだ ったからです。

立入制限から一年。奪われたいのちに哀悼を捧げ、いまだ残された命を諦めないため、ともに祈り ましょう。

<慰霊祭の概要>
● 福島県・南相馬市「岩屋寺」と、東京・上野公園「野外ステージ」にて慰霊祭を行います。哀悼を捧げる方々の ご参列をお待ち申し上げております。
● 当日、各地で慰霊行事を行ってくださる団体・個人を募ります。実行委員会までお問い合わせくだ さい。
● 14時46分に一分間のいっせい黙祷を捧げます。ご参列できない方々も、ともに哀悼を捧げましょう 。

主催 「 警戒区域内どうぶつ慰霊祭 」 実行委員会
メール:0422ireisai@gmail.com( 代 表 さ さ き )
http://blog.livedoor.jp/f20km0422/archives/4987270.html

Last edited by Tikibirds; 04-21-2012 at 01:43 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:45 AM   #36206 
Sakura8

I saw a piece on CNN about one abandoned town in the radiation zone and the animals who were left behind. Or rather, I saw the first 30 seconds and then I had to leave because it made me so sad.

Oh, koi! That reminds me. I'm going to get the horse trough that will be my outdoor pond tomorrow. Soon Koichiro and Saiyo will have at least 300 gallons to swim in. Dad pays, I pay him back with monthly payments. Best Buy bill $300, rent, $250. Payback, $50. All out of $685.

I just set the house alarm off again. >.> I gotta learn to stop opening the front door after I've set the alarm.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:50 AM   #36207 
djembekah

there are like 3ft+ long koi in the pond at my local pet/garden store, and the biggest prettiest one? there's a price tag out there for it, and its 200 bucks. they also have baby koi and goldfish in the front in little troughs, and they're much cheaper but holy cow. they get huge dont they.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:52 AM   #36208 
Sakura8

Yup. Koi can get 2-3 feet all right and for a full grown koi, $200 is cheap. I've seen champion koi going for the price of a good used car. o.O
Old 04-21-2012, 01:56 AM   #36209 
Tikibirds

The ones at petco were only about 8 inches? Not very big at all

and the shubkins were tiny too - not much bigger then the goldfish she got
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #36210 
djembekah

craaaazy. if/when i do koi, they will be bought as babbies. also the full grown goldfish were like, pushing 100 bucks. they're really neat. i want to do a pond. i can't do one living in the middle of town though. guess its lil tanks for now!

im plotting and trying to figure out how to convince my mom to let me keep Reuban in a 2.5 or 3 gallon tank on one side of the 29 so i can have a sorority >o 3o<

edit: there are totes dojos at the pet store. they are cute >.<

Last edited by djembekah; 04-21-2012 at 02:04 AM.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese