Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-21-2012, 01:05 AM   #36211 
Tikibirds

Quote:
I saw a piece on CNN about one abandoned town in the radiation zone and the animals who were left behind. Or rather, I saw the first 30 seconds and then I had to leave because it made me so sad.
Maybe I am a weirdo, but I get more worked up about the animals that were left behind then the people who were also suffering...
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:07 AM   #36212 
Sakura8

No, not weird because I'm the same way. It was human error (at the nuclear plant) that caused the mess so humans should pay the price. But the animals? Innocent.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:10 AM   #36213 
Micho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Jen, awesome! I can't sew either or I probably would have become an anime cosplay freak. So you are a serving wench?

Hi Micho! I know. I'm so out of space but I just couldn't turn my back on the poor thing. I'm a fish rescue hoarder.

Ooh, I love my 20g long NPT (as long as the plants survive). You'll have lots of fun stocking that tank!
Meh, the problem with NPTs is that I would want a soil base ones, but, the problem is that after setting up soil based NPTs is that they have ammonia spikes, so I have no idea where to put the fish I already have. :T
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:11 AM   #36214 
djembekah

i would probably honestly choose to save a person over an animal
but if my house were on fire, and my family was all out, i'd grab Swish's tank
>.<

Reuban is way more outgoing at night. He spreads his fins and flares all over the tank. He's so SO cute. i hope he grows some more.

Last edited by djembekah; 04-21-2012 at 01:14 AM.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:16 AM   #36215 
Tikibirds

After my dog, I would nab sluggles and the try and get the chinchilla out of her cage

my family is on their own - my sister has legs, she can run out if there is a fire.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #36216 
Sakura8

Micho, that's true. Although NPTs can be done without soil if you regularly dose ferts. But I understand about the ammonia spike thing.

Okily dokily, folks, I'm off for the night. Cats to feed etc etc. Talk to you tomorrow everyone!

EDIT: Tiki, considering how your sister treats you, I would save Sluggles first too.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 01:21 AM   #36217 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tiki, considering how your sister treats you, I would save Sluggles first too.
You should of heard her today when I cursed her boyfriend out via facebook... he is so clueless about women its mindboggling and yet she refuses to say a word to him, instead she takes it out on me - so I let him have it
Old 04-21-2012, 01:33 AM   #36218 
djembekah

Swish is just hanging his head out of his cave, being adorable. Baby snail is climbing allll over it. Momma snail is on the other side. I love my 3 gallon its my favorite tank right now >.<
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 11:25 AM   #36219 
Laki

Fire? Don't want to think about it. But, I would open the door and windows, kick out the screens and hope the cat gets out before the oxygen in the outside air makes the fire worse. I would have to get my bunny first, she's in a huge condo cage but caged animals in a house fire is my worst fear. If myself and my bf grabbed the bunny and the cat then the fish would succumb. I don't know how I would save them to be honest. Unless the fire wasn't bad and I could dump half their water and take the tanks.
Laki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 02:14 PM   #36220 
Yuuie

O.O
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese