Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #37521 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Dwarf gourami come in a gold variant, so it's probably that. You could fit in a dwarf probably, but they are much more active than honeys so it depends on how you feel about active fish in a smaller space.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #37522 
Micho

Hrm, they have really too many types of Gouramis there.

I've saw the Three Spotted ones also. I don't believe they Dwarf Honeys are actually just a different variation of the Dwarf Gourami, because I saw something called a Gold Gourami, it was lacking the spots for a three spotted Gourami, so I'm assuming it's just a Dwarf Gourami that's just gold color. :)
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #37523 
djembekah

uh uh uh uh ;-; idk what to do with my cory eggs xDDDD
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #37524 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

bekah, can you separate them from the other fish? In like a breeding mesh? I'm sure there's tons of info on breeding cory online, they are a pretty simple fish. :)
Okay.. so
THIS is a monster (not really, but still big). It is actually a 3 spot gourami. You can see the light/dark patten, and one spot near the tail base.

This is a yellow dwarf gourami.. it is techincally supposed to be a red flame but some are yellow. I think the blue on the dorsal is the key ID feature:

These are honeys (one is a red phase). Healthy honey males should have a dark anal fin, belly, and chin, though young ones/stressed pet shop fish may not have it. The main photo is a male with extensive dark markings, usually it's less noticeable.:
Old 05-15-2012, 09:29 PM   #37525 
MissRockyHorror

O.O my female keeps getting out of the cup into the tank with Rio O.o
MissRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:30 PM   #37526 
Micho

Yeah I'm pretty sure my LPS is selling actual Honeys. :) I could see the reddish anal fin and coloration. And the guys are tiny, when I mean tiny, they were about an inch. The other Gouramis weren't that tiny though. . .

I'll use the pictures as a reference when I got one of them to make sure I don't accidentally buy a Dwarf or Three Spotted one. Although the Three Spotted ones are easy to distinct, since they have the spots. Dwarf ones are a bit harder to differentiate from Honeys so I'll just squat and stare at them just to be sure, the employees will probably think I'm crazy.

Thanks Olympia. :)
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:55 PM   #37527 
Sakura8

3 spot gouramis can get like, 6 inches long.

I have something that I was told were honey gouramis. I think mine are babies although they aren't getting any bigger. A pair of honey gouramis aren't too territorial, as long as it's a male and a female. Two males? Nuh uh.

My otos are eating the spinach I left for the snail. No, you dumbnuts, eat the algae, the algae!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #37528 
Silverfang

:( my girls are cursed, I have another who doesn't look like she's going to make it
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #37529 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hm, there's a female honey in that photo too, they are brown with a lateral stripe (like a betta! :D). I think gourami are slow growing too, not totally sure.

Lol, Sakura your otos are my heros. They are rebels, not doing what they are told to. :D
Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 PM   #37530 
djembekah

i dont have a breeding mesh D: it does seem simple. it sounds like i just need to start getting a bunch of live plants. i was recommended to put a fake plant by them so they'd be not quite in the sight of the other fish, like the danios.

speaking of the danios i have one being weird, keeps going to the same spot and almost looks like he's swimming in a current. its weird x3

alsoooo i should probably give up on Bea the snail. I don't think she's alive. And if i bury her or something i could put the cory eggs in it with an airstone, and i could get the ones that look like they've got a fungus out and away from the healthy looking eggs.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese