Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #37531 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Eggs have fungus? Oh dear, that can spread quickly.
I'd set them up with a ton of plants if you can afford it. With cherry shrimp!! Cherrrry shrimp! They eat fungused/dead eggs but not healthy ones, they are little heros for breeders! A separate tank, but a mesh would be best and they are usually reasonably priced. Live plants will produce micro organisms for the fry to eat, you still have time until the eggs hatch to add live plants to grow some food in tank for them.
Otherwise, a separate tank with a bit of methelyne blue is used for cories. Not sure about plants, but it stains silicone so you'd be best off with a plastic tub/heater. A lot more maintenance too.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:10 PM   #37532 
Silverfang

Lazuli is gone... she got an attack and within about 2-3 minutes she was gone...
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #37533 
Micho

If I can house a pair of Honey Gouramis that'd be great. But I'm pretty sure I saw only males, I think they're sold like Bettas, males are more popular simply because they're more pretty, while females are duller in color. ):

You should give me your Otos Sakura! I have tons of algae in my 10g right now, even plopped my moss balls back in there to help with the algae.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #37534 
djembekah

oh no Silver. i'm so sorry :(

i get paid thursday. its the meantime that i'm worried about :S i have like literally nooo money lol x3 i just noticed the eggs today though. my plans are plants. not sure if either of the LPS's have cherry shrimp. amano and ghost yes, but i didnt see cherry. if i could set up a ten gallon for the eggs i would but mom already thinks i should just scrape them off and be done with them. but i've got a weird thing about babies. and if i can keep the babies and then give them to friends or sell them to the LPS i will.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #37535 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Or they can be part of your new tank? ;D
Don't do the other shrimp- especially ghosts, they will wipe out all the eggs. Only cherries are nice guys.
Hopefully something works out. You can try very carefully picking out fungused eggs. Really if they aren't removed it will spread to all the other eggs. :/
Plants are good. :D
"Cories are not as likely as some fish to eat their eggs but it is still best to remove the adults when spawning is complete.
Eggs hatch in around 3 days. Fry should be fed small foods such as microworm initially and from there progressed onto powdered food, brineshrimp nauplii and on to standard aquarium foods. Maintaining water quality is key to raising cory fry so ensure regular water changes take place. Be careful not to syphon out any fry!"
-Seriously fish.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #37536 
Silverfang

I understand about babies... want 70+ apple snail babies?
Old 05-15-2012, 09:22 PM   #37537 
MissRockyHorror

Aww :( sorry Silver *hugs*
MissRockyHorror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:25 PM   #37538 
Sakura8

Olympia, hahah! They are rebels. Since they day I got them, they've ignored the algae I wanted them to clean and focused on the "clean" tank glass.

Micho, gladly! They're little poop machines to boot. Lots of fertilizer for plants.

Oh Silverfang, I'm so sorry. *hugs*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 PM   #37539 
Silverfang

thinking about scrapping the tank I have, it's cursed. I'll have to price pet smart for a reasonably priced one. And a new filter. The heater I'll actually dip in bleach, wondering if I should bleach the other accessories... and ditch the plants.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #37540 
djembekah

i will probably examine the eggs again. i think that if they hatch, and i get some good plants to hide in. i could hopefully keep them alive pretty well. idk. lol mom just walked by and said why haven't you scraped off the eggsssss. but i'm sure she knows i want to keep them >.<

the cories havent really swam past the eggs much. the danios are the ones i'm worried about.

awe silver. i would take some snails if i could x3
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese