Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #37541 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Aww Silver. :(
I'd probably do an extreme cleaning of the tank and everything inside?
What kinds of plants are they?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:36 PM   #37542 
Silverfang

lots of java fern, and erm, I'd have to go look, they've been sitting in water for a while. A few crypts, swords, etc
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:38 PM   #37543 
Sakura8

Olympia, this is one of the "honey gouramis" I have. It's about 1.5 inches right now.

Name:  Honey Gourami.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  47.8 KB
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:45 PM   #37544 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

The java fern and sword can be bathed in aquarium salt for a couple weeks to kill off anything.
The crypts, you can trash them, or if you really want, cut out the leaves, plant the root/some stem in a flower pot with soil and just keep it extremely wet the whole time. Once/if they thrive again with new growth, cut those leaves and replant in water. Lot's of work, but crypts are expensive here, don't know about where you are. xD

Sakura- they are still a little small. Are they both that pale? If so it seems like 2 juvie males. You can see the yellow coming in around the fins. I'd watch them for fighting. It is 20 gallons and densely planted from what I remember about it, they may just set up their own territories once they reach sexual maturity and stay out of each other's way. :D

ahhhhh so much going on tonight. xD

Last edited by Olympia; 05-15-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:50 PM   #37545 
Micho

I can't tell, but those are a little bit pale for Honeys. The ones I saw at my LPS were way darker, and roughly around the same size too. Is that a female? I can see that horizontal strip running through the body, I dunno.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:53 PM   #37546 
Tikibirds

Awwh - what happend to lazuli?

Sakura - yes, the light strip I have is removable - hence the reason it fell into the tank >.<

NEEDY DOG IS BEING NEEDY >.<

John is leaving alaska tomorrow with a big U haul truck. This worries me, since it's one of the normal sized rigs and he sucks at driving in cities. But at least he has his dad with him and he can pay for stuff we weren't able to get in January - like food. I hope his dad has cash or credit cards because USA DEBIT CARDS DO NOT WORK IN CANADA
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:54 PM   #37547 
djembekah

ok i just tried to scrape away the eggs that looked white. the ones remaining are tan. i think i have 26, if i counted right. i found another bunch by the heater, but they were all pretty white. i put four of those to float in a container. the ones on the front of the glass that didnt look fungusy are still there. i was scared to squish anything that still looked okay :s

actually i'm scared i DID squish healthy eggs.

Last edited by djembekah; 05-15-2012 at 09:58 PM.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #37548 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

The white eggs could still be fresh and underdeveloped. Lol your cories are really.. breeding. xD

I'm still going to have to say that gourami is male.. The females are brown, with a dark stripe. My yellow betta has that pink stripe down her body too- especially when you shine a light on her. I think it's like, flesh along the spine. o-O
Old 05-15-2012, 10:04 PM   #37549 
Sakura8

Olympia, thanks. I have 3 of them, they all look like that and so far they all get along beautifully. I haven't seen any fighting but as you said, they look small so they may start as they get older. In which case, I will rehome them if necessary.

Tiki, then you can just get a replacement light strip, no need to get a whole hood unless you need it. Aww, I'll keep my fingers crossed for John but haha, yeah, at least he can eat. That seriously must have been some trip the two of you had when you came back to NYC.

EDIT: Male? Cool. At first I thought they were females too but they aren't brown. I had one that may have been a female but she mysteriously died a few days after I got her. Thank you again, Olympia. :) Now, if only the little buggers would leave the plants alone.

I've had my cories for over 6 months and so far, no breeding. Wonder if they're all one gender.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #37550 
djembekah

oh gosh i can only imagine when the tank is actually planted. babies everywhere!

and earlier, the eggs looked white, but like clear grayish white. now they look tan. the white ones i knocked/scraped away looked like something was already growing on them :S
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese