Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-22-2012, 03:51 PM   #38201 
Yuuie

sorry for the double post but i had to cheer i fixed the wireless on my laptop now it's so coming to work with me tonight
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:54 PM   #38202 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Maisy take as much as you need if you want them fresh. For drying you can take the stem, just leave some so it can grow back. You want to dry them in a cool dark place (in sunlight the flavor/vitamins will be depleted). The best time to harvest, if they're outside is in the morning before the sun is too harsh, if you want best flavour. :)
Posted via Mobile Device
So I just cut the leave of with a pair of scissors? I did that (I was eating it fresh) and the end (where I snipped it) turned black. :/
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:18 PM   #38203 
djembekah

i think my cories spawned again, but it looks like the eggs got munched on. they don't look quite as...inflated as the last batch did. I think Effie probably is to blame. She's a snacker!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:24 PM   #38204 
xjenuhfur

She was hungryyyyy!
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:28 PM   #38205 
djembekah

lol probably. hopefully i get some more eggs, idk where the first fry went
Old 05-22-2012, 04:45 PM   #38206 
BettaMiah

I can't get a Giant Betta for the 10G because they are all too expensive (60$+ O_O) so I need another little guy(s) who could go well in a Tropical 10G who will get along with Cory Catfish. Ideas? I was thinking maybe a Gorumai but I don't know anything about them really. Yay or nay?
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:46 PM   #38207 
djembekah

oooh gouramis are so cute! i want one someday. i want 02392839829843 things though. you could get a girl betta :3 or do a sorority!
Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #38208 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yea the plant does that to close off, keep it's water and stuff in. It's like.. a plant scab. Scissors are fine. Plants are pretty good at regrowing themselves, usually most herbs will keep sending shoots up from the base of the root. You picked some good choices to start off with. The parsley and basil will like moist soil. The oregano, thyme, sage and rosemary all prefer dryer soil, so I'd let it dry out completely before watering again. And I'm gonna stop babbling cause I could go on forever about plants. :D

@Laki- Dill. Our dill grows back every year, we don't save any seeds, and there is always so many 3ft tall dill plants that by mid summer I usually go on a rage ripping up entire plants. xD I'm not a huge fan of dill though, ehehe, I'd just want to use it for our pickling, but my mom puts it on EVERYTHING. Potatos, soups, meats, ugh.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:49 PM   #38209 
BettaMiah

I think it would be a little crowded, 4 Cories and some girl bettas. XD I was going to do a girlie, but I have two boys in 10 Gallons so I thought maybe they would be jelly. XD

02392839829843 Starts with a 0, so you want no more things? XD Just kidding.
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:58 PM   #38210 
djembekah

xD i just hyperbole a lot. and usually 0 ends up at the beginning a lot lol

awee i see cute cories in the front of my tank! i should keep an eye out and watch for girls doing their little up and down the glass egg dance.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese