Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-01-2012, 11:35 PM   #38801 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Went on a trip to the university labs today. Got to hold a bunch of human body parts, including some organs and brains that were plasticized. There were hands and arms with the skin removed so you can see all the muscles, tendons, nerves, bones... Also got to hold a newborn babies skull.. It was paper thin.. And then at the end we got to dissect a human body.
My idea of a good day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Is this high school or college? 'Cause wow, if it's high school I'm impressed. I can't think of a single high school that has students dissecting human bodies.

The lab sounds like that traveling display that goes around, the one where the bodies have been turned inside out so you can see everything.

EDIT:
Why do I get the feeling I missed a rather interesting conversation on Canadian criminals?

Rosso, did you post pics of your new girl Hope? I wanna see!

Mo, beautiful fish! I'd go for the one from bettascapes but I just realized last night I have 21 bettas, not 19.

Last edited by Sakura8; 06-01-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:47 PM   #38802 
djembekah

i put in slices of cucumber, and put Darroh on top of one, and she's been nomnomonomonoming away!

pleco is adorable, and his lips make me giggle. i hope its a boy, and he gets a funky face. if its a boy its Loki, if its a girl, idk about a name lol.

and sorority seems to be going ok. i know i've already updated like 238909823 times today but like. i'm super excited. Poor little girls though, they seem worn out getting chased by Effie. Green girl seems to not care, and just flares back at Effie, and gets the circling thing going on with Kira.

edit: i believe there are actually 2 of those exhibits, Sakura!

edit 2: i have a link to my ramble about my tank/sorority on tumblr ^-^

Last edited by djembekah; 06-01-2012 at 11:55 PM.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:56 PM   #38803 
Sakura8

Sororities are so fun, aren't they, Bekah? :D
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:19 AM   #38804 
djembekah

yes! i'm already in love. paranoidly checking it at least once an hour, but i love it. My little Princess Peach is so orange! and Cinderella is such a pretty blue!

the bristlenose pleco is all over the place. Need a name for it and my green girl. decisionsssss
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:25 AM   #38805 
MaisyDawgThirteen

The things I'm missing. LOL

BEKAH GOT A SORORITY!!
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:46 AM   #38806 
Laki

Olympia, I wouldn't be against chain gangs and hard labour prison camps.. Not like in Nazi Germany but where the criminals actually learn a lesson for what they did. Today's prisons I hear about people doing crime so they can GET IN!!! They're either homeless or in danger with drugs and they see prison as a clean-up spot. They get free food, accommodations, a job with a bit of pay where they can buy stamps and write letters to penpals and art supplies... I'm sure it's boring being locked up but living for free and having to watch your back from other inmates seems easier than paying rent, getting a real job, and committing yourself to a society in positive ways.

o.O I have a little bit of bile in my mouth over the prison system, I'll just say that right now.

Someone commits murder, they get a fine and a couple years with chance of probation. Someone caught with drugs gets a bigger fine and no probation. wth

Mo, he's beautiful!! names?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:24 AM   #38807 
Mo

Thanks Sakura and laki. I love his colors, that is mainly why I got him. I will try to breed him in the future using the method that she told me. She attempted breeding that male 4 times. Only one spawn was successful. I don't have a name for him yet.
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:50 AM   #38808 
Laki

He'll make some impressive babies .. If he wants to cooperate again!

Is this too small for my assassins? I just cleaned the tank and realised I can't have them digging into the gravel and messing it up. I poured out soooo much old food! At least in here I can moniter them and they can stay warm. They seem to enjoy the sand, but I don't want sand in with the bettas unless it's black!! And I don't have money for black sand atm.
edit- they're in the floating betta cup, not the bowl.
Attached Images

Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #38809 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Don't forget that free education you get in prison!

@Sakura, yep I'm in highschool dissecting human bodies! Our university has a huge medical lab, the best cancer program in Canada. Tons of bodies are donated to it, and they offer tours of the anatomy lab to biology students. The knees that were just bone and muscle that you can move were the worst for me, and the cut up feet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:45 AM   #38810 
Silverfang

Waiting for mom and my friend.. then going out for lunch. Then pet smart. And the pet store with 2 for 5 amazons. And the LFS that has lots of plants. Need some floaters, one fo Champagne who is nesting, and needs a new anchor item, and one for my new skittish boy. Who needs a bigger tank.

Then back home for cake.. mmm, last year I didn't have a cake, at least the family I was staying with did buy real French croissants and chocolatines. The guy is from France, he knew his pastries... and his cheese!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese