Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-02-2012, 03:10 PM   #38821 
Neil D

XD do you have any fish besides a betta?
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #38822 
Sakura8

Silverfang, is it your birthday?

Olympia, that's a rocking education system you have there. :D Here in the States it's all about standardized testing. Forget hands-on learning experiences like that.

I still have to figure out what kind of cichlid I want for the 55gal. Every time I think I've made up my mind, I see another one that I want. And I can't put down substrate until I decide because if I get an African cichlid, I need to put down an aragonite substrate to make the water harder. Why must I be so indecisive?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #38823 
Yuuie

mmmm i got 30+ swordtails and two corys all my guppys died off
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:07 PM   #38824 
Silverfang

it miiiiight be
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #38825 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Here they teach you that everyone learns differently and they respect that.. Until university, then you're on your own. :(

Setting up my 20 gallon today. Got a heater, filter, light, and sand. Plant shopping tomorrow I hope. :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #38826 
Sakura8

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Silverfang! *hugs*

Here in the States, you don't start to really learn anything until you go to university. And even then it's a crap shoot on whether or not you get good professors.

So, my 55gal is too narrow. It's only 12.75 inches wide. Seems like a tight fit for fish that could get 8 inches long. I wish I'd gotten a bowfront. The piece of driftwood I bought took up the entire bottom of the tank. Not good for fish that like to burrow and dig. So now I don't know what to put in there. That pretty much rules out a lot of cichlids except dwarf cichlids. Maybe I should just get fancy goldfish.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:56 PM   #38827 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Woah, what are the dimensions on that one?! My 15 and 20 are both 12 inches wide!
Seems like a small fish tank.
You should get some of the larger rainbow fish, bosemani, lake kutubu, red... Lots of colors but they only get like 3-4".
Just a thought, love those fish.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #38828 
djembekah

hey all. happy birthday Silverfang!!!

Effie is in time out, in the breeder net, at least until tonight i think. She's such a bully! Cinderella turned out to be the one who doesn't really care- she's got a nip out of her anal fin and one out of her tail! The green girl is cute and curious now that Effie is in time out. Kira hides quite a bit, and her dark color doesn't really help me see her.

Peach...I sorta wonder if I'll need to put her in a 1 gallon with epsom. She occasionally goes and sits on the bottom, and looks like she's breathing on the hard side. I'll keep an eye on her. I'd be really bummed if she didn't make it. She's so pretty!

The little bristlenose is all over. Cute as or cuter than the cories- i can't decide xD but albino was a good choice, i can always see it.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #38829 
Sakura8

Olympia, it's a standard 55gal so uhm . . . 12.75 inches wide, 48 inches long, and 21 inches tall. And I can't sell it and get a bowfront since my dad made a stand especially for it. He'd cry. Or kill me.

Bekah, aww, trouble in the sorority? Don't give up! It can take lots of time outs to get things settled. And I hope Peach is okay.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:23 PM   #38830 
djembekah

i definitely refuse to give up :U Effie is just so aggressive! i am also really paranoid she's a boy lol. I've been checking still at least once an hour, and while i was at work, mom checked, and Effie was chasing the other girls then too. So yeah, time outs in the breeder net, with a nylon over the top so she doesn't jump out.

The green girl still needs a name. I'm pondering Vera, but i dunno.

also bristlenose needs a name lol. i just want to know its gender! /dies

ALSO my nostril piercing is itchy *resists urge to scratch*
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese