Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-21-2011, 02:25 PM   #381 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisia View Post
that's a bit different though since you weren't physically able to take care of it :p I think pets can teach kids about responsibility, but only if they're actually taking care of them. and just buying them a new one every time the old one dies due to neglect really isn't teaching them much about valuing the lives of other creatures
You just summed it up perfectly, Tisia. If they can't value the lives of an animal, then they aren't likely to value the lives of a fellow human, either.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:40 PM   #382 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
You just summed it up perfectly, Tisia. If they can't value the lives of an animal, then they aren't likely to value the lives of a fellow human, either.
it seems like there are too many kids that don't really seem to value anything nowadays (I feel old saying that, lol). they don't seem to really value money or objects because their parents will just buy them whatever they want. like I mentioned before, I do plan on spoiling my kids some, but my main goal in parenting is going to be to make them into responsible members of society and part of that is not always giving them what they want because that's just not how life works
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #383 
Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Didn't watch it to the end, just skipped through.
ugh.. you need to watch the whole thing. i was in tears first time i saw it.
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 05:57 PM   #384 
fishman12

That video was kinda funny...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 03:19 AM   #385 
fightergirl2710

Tears of pain?? :P
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 05:13 AM   #386 
Bettawolf19

*sneaks in with her 9 bettas in tow* Can I join this little party? I've read up to page 20 something...probably read more tomorrow argh sleep.

Well my addiction is kinda bad...had 1 betta last year..got 9 now XD my newest being Kiwi and oldest being Oscar.

Also got my sorority that's been up and running since May 12th. Haven't had any major problems though once ina while one will get angry and take out anothers fins which grow right back in about a week? O.o Also can female bettas pms because I swear Red has some issues this week..

So all my bettas: Oscar my first he's a crowntail got him 1-24-2010, Next came Dezzy my natural female, then Red, then Candles then Violet and Blue..Blue ended up passing away from Dropsy though :( so next came Pensri(who I call Penny now). Next we got Blackbird then Jude who's my first HM and what I figured would be my last betta but now we have Kiwi who literally was dying when I took him home from Walmart. ....just look at my sig XD
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 06:09 AM   #387 
fightergirl2710

Lol! Bettawolf, You must have seen how off topic we were then :D! Welcome, join the party although we do not promise to cure you, your addiction may get worse !
I started a sorority too, last saturday so they still don't like each other yet XD
Your bettas sound lovely, I'm sorry about Blue.. Dropsy really sucks. Kiwi is a cutie btw!
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:12 AM   #388 
Sakura8

Bettawolf, I read your thread about Kiwi, I'm so glad he's doing well now. I thought it was sweet how your sorority stuck by him.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #389 
Bettawolf19

Just beware when your sorority establishes..vicious little devils. Oh they stuck by him alright to the point where he was well protected and whenever I would go to change his water I would go and get bit by my females XD figures thanks girls just feeling the love right now
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:17 AM   #390 
Neil D

Can I start a sorority in a 10G? I've read I can put 4-5 females in there...
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese