Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #39011 
Yuuie

yay back from shopping hope the chipmunk is going to be fine. ended up taking dawn the old man who lives behind us out and he bought my sister one of those mixing bowls with all the attachments on it. she was surprised.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:56 PM   #39012 
Sakura8

Hi Yuuie! Hi all!

Well, it never rains but pours. Now Stumpy has something wrong with him. He's got a bloated belly and is just moping in his hospital tank. Haven't seen him poop so I hope it's not the same blockage that got Train. And Lady Rizo has something on her upper lip. I can't tell if it's the beginnings of lympho, torn skin, or an anchor worm. She's so darn tiny. So she's in a tiny tank in the kitchen. I'm running out of places to put hospital tanks and I ran out of heaters a long time ago.

Yup, orange! Let me see if I can post pics of them.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #39013 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

So many sick fish Sakura! :(

I think Gus the bird is sick. He keeps ruffling his feathers and his bum is a mess.
The nearest wildlife rescue is half an hour away in the next town over.
I figured out that he has no leg strength, which is why he ended up back on the ground when I put him back outside.
I wish I could drive. :'(
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #39014 
Sakura8

Lysistrata Jones, the only pic I have of her right now

Scoop Jardine

His fins probably aren't the best but like I said, I'm breeding for color.

I have duckweed stuck to my hand. o.O
Old 06-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #39015 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
So many sick fish Sakura! :(

I think Gus the bird is sick. He keeps ruffling his feathers and his bum is a mess.
The nearest wildlife rescue is half an hour away in the next town over.
I figured out that he has no leg strength, which is why he ended up back on the ground when I put him back outside.
I wish I could drive. :'(
Posted via Mobile Device
Poor Gus. He has birdy diarrhea? Could he have some kind of bird parasite?
Old 06-05-2012, 07:19 PM   #39016 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm not totally sure.
Anyways the easiest thing for me to find to boost him up is slim fast or ensure apparently.
Even though he's SUPPOSED to be weaned at this age I don't think he's eating enough seed. Doves and pigeons feed their babies a special "milk" in case you are like wtf weaning a bird. xD
I tried cleaning his bum.... Ugh. I always have to clean animal bums. -___-
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:24 PM   #39017 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tiki, you go girl! From the sounds of it, they need saving. Will you go get the crowntail? Or the king?
If the CT I saw is still alive, then he is going home with me. And a King too . I don't think they sell so well since they are $20.

and was at petsmart today. I see this girl stuck on the side of the little ledge inside her cup - OUT of the water. I shake the cup till she falls back in. I watch her. A few seconds later she starts jumping like crazy- like she wanted to get out of the water. what would cause that? they forget the conditioner?

and there is something wrong with Mr Magic 'shrooms as well as derpy fins. I think Derpy has SbD - since he is flopping over sideways but not so sure with mr shrooms. He is also flopping over sideways but he also looks like he swallowed a pea or something. I noticed his bigger belly about 2 weeks ago. He was acting fine till today. Both are in Epsom for now. What else could cause a round belly?

I like these

I don't suppose I could put them in a 20G with 4 female bettas?? Everything I like either needs a bigger tank or soft water. it said they can adapt to a varity of prams...

Quote:
I always have to clean animal bums. -___-
Ewwwww

Last edited by Tikibirds; 06-05-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:08 PM   #39018 
Sakura8

Tiki, anytime a fish tries to escape their water it's because something's wrong with it. Either they forgot the conditioner or more likely, the ammonia levels were so high she was trying to escape. Poor baby.

Bloated bellies can be caused by constipation or parasites. If he hasn't pooped out white stringy poo, and if Derpy is swimming funny, it's probably a bacterial infection. You might try a med with him. API Furan-2 or Tetracycline.

Olympia, poor Gus. I imagine it's knd of hard to clean a bird's bum. You might try PMing Copperarabian. She knows a lot about birds and may have some insight into why Gus is sick.

EDIT: Tiki, that looks like a lemon tetra? If so, yes, you could put a school of them with 4 girls in a 20gal.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #39019 
djembekah

yeah my little girls are all fatties. Green Girl (whom i've decided to call, uniquely, Green Girl, GG for short) is the only one who seems slim, Cinderella is the next slimmest, then Kira and Peach are super round. Not only do i think they're eating cory food, i'm positive they were snacking on cory eggs. I found a bunch of eggs. One group had like 20 this morning when i checked, and after the girls were munching, i saw only 4 left. I don't think they found the other groups though. I don't know if i should remove the eggs or just let them hatch/get eaten. Maybe i'll fast the big tank from flake foods, wafers, and pellets tomorrow, but put in a slice or two of cucumber. The girls didn't seem to go for those the other day.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #39020 
djembekah

welp going to my grandparents' house overnight again. gotta get things together. i miss my fish when i go up there. was mildly tempted to take a boy buuuut that'd stress them out and be dumb >.< wish they had fish in tanks. they have the trout, but its not the saaame the trout hide. SIGH

anyone who has me on facebook should send me facebook messages and talk to me about fish stuff, i get text messages from that :3
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese