Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #39021 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Thanks, I'll send her a message!

Also that's a glo tetra- from the makers of glo fish!
I think they are black widow tetra- not betta safe I'm pretty sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:50 PM   #39022 
Tikibirds

all the ones i like I can't have *pout*

Quote:
Bloated bellies can be caused by constipation or parasites. If he hasn't pooped out white stringy poo, and if Derpy is swimming funny, it's probably a bacterial infection. You might try a med with him. API Furan-2 or Tetracycline.
I have not seen any white stringy poo and both have bare bottom tanks. I did give derpy some tetracycline just in case. mr Shrooms is in epsom for now, it he isn't better, i'll give him some tetracycline too.

Edit: sakura - they are glo tetras - the ones that glow under blacklight, like the danios?
how much space d they require?

Last edited by Tikibirds; 06-05-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:44 PM   #39023 
Silverfang

My shrimp are all gone, save for two ghosts, which are looking like at least one is on it's way out. Well they did last for more than 6 months.

Good news. I think. Amy shook half the fur off her lip. She looked a lil stunned after that. But she ate! And looked perkier after a bit. Although her lip does look red. The fluff... was hard, and kinda yellow, guess it was like a scab? Only not fully healed. I think. She's on plain clean water. Was in salt for at least a week. More, but not entirely sure the length so no more salt to Sunday to be safe.

Now I need to crash. G'night.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:32 PM   #39024 
Tikibirds

what happened to the shrimps?

mr shrooms isn't listing to the side anymore but something still seems wrong, he is resting on a plant leaf and he has never done that. he is also kinda clamped - but he has kinda always been like that - sometimes his fins are open when he swims but they close when he isnt moving.

Derpy is still floating around like a balloon but also seems to be less wobbly.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #39025 
dramaqueen
Banned

We started cleaning some stuff out of our storeroom tonight. We're trying to get rid of some stuff before we put our house up for sale.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 12:03 AM   #39026 
xjenuhfur

My professor decided to hold class early today. And let us out early. :D love it when my professor does that!
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 02:54 AM   #39027 
Sakura8

Good morning/good night. I have insomnia again. I go from one extreme to another, comatose one week, wide awake the next. Anyways.

Olympia, really? I had no idea they were making Glo Tetras. I didn't know tetras were genetically malleable like danios were. Interesting. Black skirts can be nippy, I've heard.

Tiki, I would guess black skirts/Glo Tetras would need 20gal for a school of 6 or so but I'm just a bit iffy on keeping them with betta girls. You'd have to experiment and be ready to return the tetras if things went south on you.

Sooooo . . . remember how I was going to put African cichlids in my 55gal? I might have a change of plans.
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/c...8/#post1107761

Someone talk me out of doing something stupid. -___- But honestly, if you could see the little thing you'd want to rescue it too.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:15 AM   #39028 
Silverfang

Aphrodite is looking kinda... slow this morning, of course it could be cause she's a pig. Or it could be age... is like one and a half old for a betta girl?
Old 06-06-2012, 05:21 AM   #39029 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Awh Psh. You can genetically modify anything you want these days. Most of the veggies you eat are genetically modified.

Copper hasn't replied yet, and Gus seems bad today. I'm gonna give him some warm milk even though it has no nutritional value for him- maybe just a full warm tummy will feel better.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:56 AM   #39030 
Silverfang

poor thing

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese