Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2011, 04:50 AM   #3921 
Sakura8

Cool, thanks for the tips. I saw NIB had some black fry before he (she?) got deployed again. I wanted them but I don't have room. :/ Was NIB close to us (ie, in CA)? I'd like to try and get some from a relatively local breeder someday so the bettas don't have to be shipped very far.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:00 AM   #3922 
copperarabian

She lives in Kansas so it's not close :( I might be breeding my copper or platinum pair soon, or I might wait until next summer since I start school soon XD I'm not a breeder though lol the copper pair is really nice though, and although my platinum male is from petco he looks really good and my female is from the same breeder I bought my copper pair from.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 05:04 AM   #3923 
Sakura8

Oooh. I can't wait to see the fry of either pair. If you do decide to breed, let me know and I'll save some space for one of them.

I hope NIB stays safe. Lots of bettas need people like her. Do you have pics of your NIB sisters? Never mind, found your album.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:09 AM   #3924 
Sakura8

Aww, your fry are so cute! I especially love the marble. She has a cute face. I love your dragon goby, too. I still can't believe you found him (her?) at Wal-Mart of all places.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:10 AM   #3925 
copperarabian

I'll do that :) I'll probably sell them really cheap to people on this forum since the people here are awesome lol

The photos in my album are older and I already used up all my photo space(I had to make a flicker lol), I'll see if I can find my camera charger tomorrow and I'll take some updated photos for you :)

And I hope NIB betta stays safe too, war is a scary place to be.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:14 AM   #3926 
copperarabian

I don't know how to respond to picture comments lol

I love the marble's face too, it's so adorable lol Her eyes are all blue now and she is getting some copper on her fins. The photo of the cichlid with the snail is still Malina, her stripes can almost disappear and become jet black in seconds depending on her mood lol Also in the close up of Malina's face you can see the female jack Dempsey I used to have in the back ground(there is also a pic of her) :)
Old 07-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #3927 
Sakura8

Lol, I never imagined that was Malina! She's quite a chameleon. I love her expression, she totally doesn't know what to make of that snail.

Do you still have your old Jack Dempsey or did he (she) pass away?
Old 07-17-2011, 05:18 AM   #3928 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
And I hope NIB betta stays safe too, war is a scary place to be.
And it's her fourth deployment too. That's some true devotion to duty.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:35 AM   #3929 
Sakura8

Okidoki, off to catch some sleep. Be back later!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:36 AM   #3930 
copperarabian

lol I love when she stares at new stuff like that, it's so cute XD

My Jack dempsey died about 5 years ago, I was having a lot of problems with ick, for some reason every time I did a water change and added conditioner my poor fish got it, I think it must of been past the due date because it was a little chunky, then I would rush out and buy ick meds and and my poor guys/girls got even worse. At the time I didn't know about heat treatments and aquarium salt and I feel like I failed them. my red parrot, convict, and jack dempsey all died in the same year, Malina had ick at the same time but she pulled through for me, I'm so proud of her.

I also didn't do enough water changes at the time, I did two 50% water changes a month, and a occasional 100%, now I'm always doing water changes XD Tap is so much easier then distilled lol

wow, it's 2:36, I'm also off to bed

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese