Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-10-2012, 11:38 PM   #39311 
Laki

Oh my gawd vanilla anything is delish!
Oliver bites. It's 2 am. Exhausted. Drank an energy drink, nodded off for 5 minutes. Is that normal!?
Bunny is mad because I clipped her nails, Maybe she's mad bc I didn't give her nail polish like bekah ;)
I could never ever ever ever wear those nail things. My nails annoy me enough half the time. I loooove hand cream though, but only because I'm addicted to it and my hands feel like chalk if I don't have any.
In the dark I spied my ramshorns and new ponds sliding all over each other. I gave them extra lettuce and a treasure chest shaped "7 day feeder" thing. My ramshorns are the red kind and I think they're gross but neat :) I'll feel bad feeding their sweet little babies to the assassins (who are getting impatient)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:15 AM   #39312 
Sakura8

Laki, haha. Thanks, he is a cutie. Definitely a chubby cutie. Who bites my kneecap if I don't fill the dish soon enough.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 12:21 AM   #39313 
djembekah

i definitely skipped the acrylic nails lol xD just got paint and way too much lotion up to my elbows lol.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:18 AM   #39314 
Yuuie

hi all back from work
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #39315 
Tikibirds

I don't want plants that are TOO needy. I need to buy a hood anyways but I don't want to spend a fortune on it or on lights. Everything I am seeing is either too long or too short
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 01:57 AM   #39316 
Sakura8

Really? A hood for a 20gal long is 30", same as for a 29gal. Just the Aqueon hood with fluorescent lighting costs a lot.

Hi Yuuie!
Old 06-11-2012, 02:52 AM   #39317 
Tikibirds

I did not see a 30 inch hood at petco. I seen 20, 36 and a really big one. Sometimes walmart will have them for the 10G but that's the only one they have but for tanks they either have the .5 gallon or a 55 gallon. Not too much inbetween.

and Derpy is still flopping around alot. he's in 2 tsp of epsom and I tried tetracycline and fasting but nothing worked.

for soil based tanks, what do I use? regular potting soil? I'm thinking soil may be better for the snails since they came from a lake. I like sand though
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:04 AM   #39318 
Sakura8

You might want to order a hood online then. Both Petsmart and Petco have free shipping over $49 and I think the prices are the same. That's strange Petco doesn't have a 30".

Organic potting soil is what most people use as a soil base, I think. For you, you'll need to make sure there aren't any heavy metals, especially copper. Snails are sensitive to metals just like shrimp. You put down about a 2" or so layer of soil and then cap it with 1" of sand or gravel. For a setup like that, crypts, swords, and some stems like wisteria, rotala indicia, ludwigia repens, and bacopa will work well. I've never tried this myself but I think Silverfang has and I know kfryman has. I used Seachem Fluorite, which I don't really recommend. Every time I so much as looked at the tank, it clouded up.

Poor Derpy. Has he pooped or is he still bloated/weird even with pooping? Try bumping it up to 3 tsps of epsom per gallon. API Furan-2 might help him. I don't know. I'm kind of in the same situation with my boy Stumpy. His belly is bloated, he's been in 3tsps of epsom for a week with IAL and fasted except for a bloodworm just to see if he'd eat. No poop, no improvement. I can't tell if it's a blockage like Train or not.

Off to bed, didn't realize it was 2 AM. Oops.
Old 06-11-2012, 05:05 AM   #39319 
Silverfang

I wish I had summer vacation... :(
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 05:16 AM   #39320 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

What a great 6 or less hour sleep. -__-
I blame you, chemistry! Not my own lack of ability to prioritize things properly!
I don't get how to tell when my tank is planted enough to avoid cycling... Just gonna buy a bucketload of plants I guess. xD Hopefully I can get my little threadfins soon! Though I should wait until after exams o-o
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese