I've seen no change in behavior. He's always been kinda slow. :/
I can't upload a photo tonight because my dads laptop died and he took mine to work.I've been on my iPod all this time. (hate how it doesn't show my sig). :(
I'll report back tomorrow about him with a photo. Poor old guy.
I feel bad. I almost never look at my fish from above. And there ya go, who how long that's been there, spreading over to Reuben. :/ Posted via Mobile Device
If it's a localized infection, it could be that he scraped a scale off or somehow got a wound that got infected. In that case, it might not transmit to Reuben. Even if it did, Reuben is healthy and unstressed so he can probably fight it off easily.
Reuben is healthy like a mule. Second youngest fish but he's the biggest. Of course the one I picked because "oh he looks so sick" Dx
Gilbert is fish número uno, the head honcho. The pathetic guy that never grew his fins back after rot. Active Cory hunter as well. (he's next to them, lol). Posted via Mobile Device
Tiki, so if the part behind his belly wasn't pinched together, do you think his stomach would actually be close to normal-sized? Does he look more wasted away than bloated? Has he been eating normally up to this point?
Erythromycin, which is basically what Maracyn 1 is. Pooping is good, means he's definitely not stopped up. There is a possibility it could still be parasites even if there isn't any whiteish poo but not sure on that. At this point, I'm reluctant to suggest any meds because I'm not sure if this is bacterial or parasitic. If you want to treat him, you'll have to decide based on what you've observed of him. If you think it's probably parasites, get General Cure. If you think it's bacterial, you can either get the Triple Sulfa (if you don't have a sulfa allergy) or use tetracycline or the Maracyns if you have them. Either way, keep him in the epsom salts too.
If given food, he will eat it and he does not look skinny or bloated. You have to take a close look to see his belly area looks..pinched. Tetracycline did not work and he has been in 3 teaspoon of epsom for 24 hours..no change. No other signs of sickness, not clamped, no color loss or anything.
maybe I injured his swim bladder when I cupped him. I kinda squished him against the wall to get him to stay in the cup
And sluggles has a case of THE FUZZIES. I think I am going to cry...
I've squished my fish against the wall trying to catch them too and they haven't been injured. Hmm. It doesn't sound like mycobacteriosis. Could be parasites. I don't normally suggest this but you might try Bettafix. Just be very careful not to overdose.
For Sluggles: 3 tsps of AQ salt per gallon and the strongest med you can find so as long you don't have a sulfa allergy, API Triple Sulfa. Poor Sluggles.
An algae scrubber will work fine but the stuff will keep coming back for a while. Usually goes away on its own in newly cycled tanks but it can take a bit. Buuut, if you can find a nerite snail, no reason not to get one of those too. They're cute 'cause they just look like moving shells.