Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2012, 09:55 PM   #39491 
Mo

WOOOHOO. MY BETTAS SUCESUFLLY SPAWNED. the male ate some of the eggs though... Well... Most of them but I still have 25-50 eggs
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:59 PM   #39492 
Silverfang

oooh... wait, is he the reported egg eater?
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:10 PM   #39493 
djembekah

is it your first successful betta spawn, mo? or have you had them before :3
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #39494 
Mo

This isn't the reported egg eater, it is a different one. And this is my third spawn. The first one with eggs that made it though
Old 06-13-2012, 10:13 PM   #39495 
Silverfang

yay!!!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #39496 
djembekah

double yay! which pair did you spawn?
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #39497 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
In my personal experience, most bettas won't eat the Jungle Labs pellets even if they saturated in garlic. I've tried several times. You're much better off soaking his food in your own metro/garlic mix. The Jungle Labs pellets are mostly wheat germ. Fish in general, not just bettas, don't handle the wheat germ.

Is the cory acting all right aside from being stunted? Poor cory. At least cories are peaceful and he won't get picked on, like he would if he was a stunted guppy or something.
No it's Jungle Labs Medicated Gel formula. The main ingredient is the metro, but it has, levamisole, I think? I'm pretty sure it's a gel, I don't even know. But the levamisole is bad for betta.
Any reason for the garlic? I've been reading that it's not all that great lately.

About the Cory- both bettababy and Byron told me not to worry about him.. But he's still not growing, even after I upped feedings. He's now even smaller in comparison- it's great that cories are so friendly, yes! He eats fine, I think, I don't see him eat often. I want to try a different food, he doesn't seem to like the wafers- at least that's what I think, but he wouldn't eat blood worms in front of me either. His underside isn't emaciated looking anymore (used to be) but he has A LOT of trouble with current, the filters on minimum level because he got stuck in a corner for a few days (couldn't figure out the problem till I saw him struggling). So he's weak, but I see him midswimming quite often, and he goes up to the top for air like everyone else.
I've noticed his face is flatter than everyone else's and he was missing his barbels when I got him- on barbel has branched out into two as it grew back. :s
That's a lot of info on little Stubby, lol!
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:23 PM   #39498 
Sakura8

Stubby must just be a runt. Poor guy. But he seems happy enough. I mean, he must be eating something because he's still alive.

Levamisole is the only medication that treats nematode worms like the camallanus worms that I'm plagued with. Fenbendazole will treat the larvae and eggs of those but it won't kill the adults. Levamisole is the only med that will. Although, if your betta hasn't got camallanus worms then there's no need for that particular med. As far as I'm aware, nematodes are the only type of parasite it will treat. I've treated my bettas with levamisole as a bath and it didn't have a negative effect on them.

Some studies show that garlic has some antiparasitic properties and immune system enhancers but the main reason we use garlic for fish is that it's an appetite stimulant and flavor enhancer. It covers up the taste of medication in medicated foods so the fish will eat them. Like hiding your dog's pills in a piece of hamburger.

EDIT: Silver, where did you find that driftwood? It's light colored so it kind of resembles mopani but it isn't all twisty like mopani.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:26 PM   #39499 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
double yay! which pair did you spawn?
Lol. The spawn was kinda accidental. I let my emotions get in the way, I had spawned two fish earlier in the day and they ate they eggs. Then I got mad put a CT male and the HM female I tried to spawn earlier in the same tank. Heavily planted, half filled 5 gallon. They spawned and they didn't eat the eggs until they were into the nest. Atleast I saved a few. Since the spawn is so small. I'm going to keep them in the 5 gallon. Right now I only see 25 eggs
Old 06-13-2012, 10:28 PM   #39500 
Sakura8

25 is a good, manageable number for a first spawn. You won't have to find a hundred jars or cups to house the males later on.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese