Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-14-2012, 08:20 PM   #39541 
BettaMiah

Its a 15 Gal Tub.

Okay so Chie won't get off the bottom and she wasnt moving so we took her out and back into her cup. And- OMG. She is swiming around all happy and everything! What the heck?!
BettaMiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #39542 
xjenuhfur

We have both petsmart/petco/petsupermarket. I can only find albino cories, and I want some pandas. I saw pandas ONCE. At petsupermarket, and they were mislabeled. I wandered the entire giant tropical fish store and I couldn't find ANY cories. Maybe I can ask them to get a shipment in? They could def order what I wanted probably.
If I have cories will they aerate the sand for me? I'm going to try to avoid a snail outbreak if I could.
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:25 PM   #39543 
xjenuhfur

Also, I dont even know if the school would even accept fish as a shipment. Because the tank would be at the dorm. They usually just leave us pink slips in our mailboxes when we get packages, and then we pick them up after that. But I dont think anyone has ever had fish shipped to the dorms. xD
Old 06-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #39544 
Silverfang

odd, our petsmart usually has pandas in, unless they are on sale, then they are gone
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #39545 
Sakura8

Miah, oh. 15gal tubs are great.

Jen, you could ask for a store to order the shipment in and keep it for you at the store. That big LFS probably would do special orders.

Cories will aerate the sand a little but not like trumpets. You don't need snails to aerate it, you can just poke it once a week with a stick. Or you can get rabbit snails like what Bekah has. Those burrow and aerate but they don't multiply nearly as fast.

EDIT:
Pandas seem to be rare in the US. I've only seen them a few times at the many LFS around me. Jen, is your water soft? If it isn't, I don't know if I'd recommend pandas. They're not as hardy as other cories and need soft water and a fairly neutral pH. Even though my water was super soft, my pH was too high and they all ended up dying anyway. :( OOoootherwise, you could add a blackwater extract to soften the water. And driftwood.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #39546 
xjenuhfur

Ohhh, bunny snails. :3
Old 06-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #39547 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Psh my rabbit snail does not do a good job, maybe if you had more they would. xD

Panda cories, rare? They are the cheapest Cory here, like $3 whereas my three lined were $6. Most cories are $5-6 here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #39548 
BettaMiah

What is going on with Chie? When she is in the tub she is all wack and laying on the bottom and not active but when shes in her cup she is all happy and swimmy around!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:39 PM   #39549 
Sakura8

Where I am, I find sterbai and julii cories everywhere, and some peppereds. And of course everywhere you look there are albino aeneus. One of my LFS gets a lot of rarer cories in because the fish lady loves them. I've seen metae there before, and skunks. And pandas. Only one other place besides that has had pandas. And they were maybe $4.

EDIT: Miah, make sure the water in her tub is dechlorinated and the same temp. Maybe she just gets a little shocked? Does she have a plant or something to hide under to make her feel comfortable?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:42 PM   #39550 
BettaMiah

Nope, she is in the EXACT same water in her cup as in the tub but in her cup shes fine and in the tub shes blah. The water is definetly okay. Yep, there is a plant thing and a hidey-barrel in there too.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese