Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-16-2012, 06:29 PM   #39691 
djembekah

JenJen! and yeah working always stinks >.<
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #39692 
Silverfang

do you see a saddle Olympia? If you don't see one on a female it's possible that she is already expecting. Pregnant shrimp don't have a saddle... unless they are ready to pop.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #39693 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I can't really tell, I kinda see something but I kinda don't. I think she shed her shell thing though, there's a huge piece that could only be hers.
The guy confused me, he said males are the big red ones, even I knew that wasn't true. So I have 3 males 1 female and one I think female.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #39694 
Laki

Oh boy. 9 hour shift overrrrr
I should have taken a picture of the tiny shell against a penny or something. Apparantly they live in the sand/gravel until they're big enough to fend for hunt or something. I read a bit about it, so maybe it slowly died when buddy uncovered it and gave it to me.
Anyway JEN I'm SO jealous you got to see a sea turtle!! It's been a life goal for me. More a dream I guess. I love sea turtles. If I ever get to go scuba diving down south one day I'd love to see some and maybe help conserve them! Leatherbacks, being the most endangered, are my favorite. They come up north in Sept/Oct and some have beached in Newfoundland but always in an area I'm nowhere near. :<
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #39695 
Silverfang

OK! she's mostly set up. I gotta read up on priming this filter... since it has so many parts, then I can get her running tonight. I might be able to add the girls tomorrow. I'll post pictures later, when the hood is on and the light is going.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #39696 
xjenuhfur

Omg I've never seen one before! They usually dont nest during the day & since I'm off the coast we have 'turtle time' at night with the goofy lights and everything. You'll get to see the turtles one of these days! :D
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:41 PM   #39697 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Leatherbacks are also by far the biggest. It'd be quite the sight, 7 feet long with 9 foot flippers. :D
I don't think anyone keeps them in captivity, they don't understand aquariums and will try to swim through glass till the death.. (like tortoises :o)
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:45 PM   #39698 
Laki

Yes lol the largest leatherback was caught in NL I think.. Back in the late 19th or early 20th century. Doesn't matter. They're impressive! And I wrote a short story back when I was like 15 of a leatherback getting taken from the ocean and put in an quarium. I didn't have the internet then either, so it's not a great story! lol

In the south they have these special mechanic things for helping sea turtles recover from injuries. It's like a harness so they can "swim" and go through the motions but they're actually not going anywhere.. :) I like people who help animals. And the turtles survived the meteor that struck earth and wiped our dinosaurs, right?? Them and alligators and some other things.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #39699 
Silverfang

the ocean life that's been found here... it's amazing
Old 06-16-2012, 09:49 PM   #39700 
djembekah

i don't think i've ever seen a wild turtle at all. except on Call of the Wildman. Turtleman is the bomb! /random
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese