Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #39742 
Neil D

I want that tank. Now.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 08:57 AM   #39743 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Trying to convince my mom to move to Poland with me.. We have like a 100-200 year old house there already... Lol, no plumbing, no indoor bathroom, the well dried up. But that's okay, I say, we can fix it!
Nope. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-17-2012, 10:17 AM   #39744 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #39745 
Laki

Tiki that tank... o.o homina homina homina homina homina

Olympia, after living with my old roommate who bought the +100 yr house to renovate I say nooo. It's probably got bugs or mice, little insulation and who wants a house without plumbing!? I watched enough Walking Dead to know that warm water is a must! lol It's actually kind of cool you guys just have a house there. Was it an inheritance?
Speaking of Waling Dead, I have dreamed 2 nights straight about the apocolypse. But in the style of the show. Kind of scary but did anybody ever get that feeling in your dreams of being bored with the dream and you want it to hurry up ?? lol

edit- Sakura, yeeeaaah. I probably killed that baby assassin by leaving him out. I didn't know they needed to be under the gravel. But before I put them in the tanks and they lived in a bowl with the sand nobody tried to eat it (and I had like 15-16 in there before my sister came and took half). Oh well. RIP little Chain Chomp.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #39746 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Lol yea it was my mom's grandma's. We just have to dig a new well. :D lot's of people still live like that in the country there. And I don't think you'd need much insulation, it's a big stone house. Which means no decay issues. No one builds houses out of lumber there so really you just need a new roof and windows. :p Plus supplies are at all time low prices, thousands of people are just building new houses from the ground up since it's so cheap, so now's the time to go! It's sort of my impossible dream to become as self sufficient as possible too, I'd just have to say good bye to tv, internet, lol. I doubt I'd have any fish tanks over there, . There's no property tax in Poland so we've just been holding onto the thing, it's a family house.

Would you guys believe that Pip will only eat if I wiggle his food around for him? -__-
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-17-2012, 11:16 AM   #39747 
Laki

Wow, that kind of living would be a huge transition! Reverting to the old ways was always a cool idea to me :) But now that I have the modern commodities that I do, I might miss them. On the other hand, working hard to keep house would revive the old folklore and traditions :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:27 AM   #39748 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm huge on tradition.. That's why it's all so appealing to me. Sometimes I just wanna throw it all away and leave. The food is good there, what more does one need!
But then, what would become of the fish? D:
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #39749 
Sakura8

I wanna know how they got the waterfall in that tank.

I need my indoor plumbing. I am so not a rough-it person.

Sigh. I either need to get rid of my orange guppy or buy a 3rd male. He's constantly picking on my black guppy. I have nowhere else to put them either except the 20gal because the 29gal has all the females. I'm about ready to feed orange guy to Sparky. Along with my pushy fathead minnow who headbutts my dojos. (idle threats, I doubt I could actually do it)

Maybe I'll put him in the 3gal with my baby betta Weemissfrankie. Why did I buy guppies again?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:32 AM   #39750 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Lol, guppies. Never even wanna go near those things.
Sparky is really empowering isn't he! xD
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese