Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-13-2011, 03:22 AM   #31 
fightergirl2710

Yeah, they totally lived up to their names! Fatass was huge and loved sausages and potato chips and Dumbass never once let me hold her, she was too dumb to realise I took care of her =D!
I can barely get a good pic of my fish unless my dad is wielding his DSLR :P. Poor thing, I can't believe what traumatic lives these pretty fish have! They're too hardy for their own good. I've noticed though that females are so much more fun to have than males, they seem zippier and not couch potato-ey like the males. Another weird thing is my females never get stress stripes but the males don't need anything for them to get started. Drama queens =D
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:24 AM   #32 
bahamut285

Welp, I'm heading out, it's 4am, haha...night everybody
bahamut285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 03:57 AM   #33 
Sakura8

I finally got a few while she was scrounging around for food. You can see her horizontal stripes and her strange coloring. And her beat-up fins. Sorry about the first one, she was at the very bottom of the tank so the plastic rim got in the way.
Attached Images

Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #34 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightergirl2710 View Post
Yeah, they totally lived up to their names! Fatass was huge and loved sausages and potato chips and Dumbass never once let me hold her, she was too dumb to realise I took care of her =D!
I can barely get a good pic of my fish unless my dad is wielding his DSLR :P. Poor thing, I can't believe what traumatic lives these pretty fish have! They're too hardy for their own good. I've noticed though that females are so much more fun to have than males, they seem zippier and not couch potato-ey like the males. Another weird thing is my females never get stress stripes but the males don't need anything for them to get started. Drama queens =D
My only guy is pale so I wouldn't know if he got stress stripes. But he doesn't seem like the type, he's so carefree.

Your mice sound hilarious. I'd say you actually have quite a talent for naming, 'cause they live up to their names. :D

Females are more lively, that's for sure. And I do like that I'll be able to house my girls together someday soon. But Sheman was my first little betta (not counting the unfortunate Princess Rose from second grade) so he's special. He's so spoiled. And although he's not as active, he does his little wiggle dance when he sees me. ^_^

Whew, off to bed for me too. I was up all last night with Sherman, gotta sleeeeep . . . 'Night!
Old 06-13-2011, 05:00 AM   #35 
fightergirl2710

Daww she looks so scared... Hope she's more settled in the morning! After looking at these pictures though, I'm starting to think my VT rescue is a girl... I'll put up some pics later (when you're awake ;)) so maybe you can tell me. S/he hasn't lost the stress stripes yet :(...
Fatass and Dumbass were my first babies, Dumbass died early, she went blind and no vet could help :(. Fatass lived till 2years and got old and sick and passed away. I cried so much when she passed. :'(
Now I have four mice, Nadia (my dad named her after the gymnast Nadia Comaneci) she was Fatass' companion when Dumbass died and the other 3 my sister named Baadal, Bijli and Barkha lol that means Cloud, Lightning and Rain in Hindi hehehe..
Ok, I'm going to stop rambling now... Gn!
Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 AM   #36 
fightergirl2710

How is Rags to Riches doing now? Any improvement? :)
Old 06-14-2011, 11:05 AM   #37 
Sakura8

I wonder if I'll ever know what color she is. Last night, she looked like she might be turning red. This morning she looks all black and like she may be turning blue. She's messing with my mind. But other than that, she's doing well. She eats well, usually if I pretend that I'm not watching her. She's in aquarium salt now to see if that helps heal her fins. And I know she's not constipated. :P I don't know if she likes the salt though, she clamps her tail a lot more. I'll try it one more day and if she still clamps up, I'll stop. Gah, now she looks red again!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #38 
fightergirl2710

Haha, my vt tranny keeps doing the same, blue one minute, green the other and grey and stressy most of the time... The stressiness has become much less though. How much salt did you put in? I think it should reduce by tomorrow. My two new guys were clamped up for a day or two but they've adjusted now. And the bloodworms help of course =D Proteins to the rescue!
Old 06-14-2011, 11:24 AM   #39 
newf

She is very cute!
newf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:33 AM   #40 
Echo

i'm the opposite! sort of.. rescue mama has nobody to rescue, yet i just finished setting up a 5 gallon tank and it's GAWJUSS! it's got white sand with an underlying layer of sparkly black sand, aquatic ferns and bamboo and a cute little sake set as decoration, along with large flat river rocks off to one side for any potential bottom-dwellers to bask on.. but i have no occupants should i get another betta? should i get a couple of corys? none of my kids can be trusted with tankmates (King Louie and Elvis are both shrimp killers, and Roxie just wiped out her oto school.. Zen even attacked a frog).. UGH!
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese