Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #391 
Sakura8

My sorority is waiting on a few more members. Or at least, that's my excuse for indulging in a bit more betta buying. After that, I imagine the fun begins. Aww, such a protective sorority you have for Kiwi, Bettawolf. A little misguided on who to protect him from, though.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:28 AM   #392 
Vnessa123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Judging from her cup, she'd been there for some time 'cause the water was nasty and it looked like the lid hadn't been dusted for a while.
I always wondered if that was a cruel way to store the fish. I see them all the time in fish shops and feel so bad. I would hate to live in a cramped place like that, I'm sure the fish can't be happy in there.
Vnessa123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #393 
Sakura8

I think it can be tolerable for the hopefully short time they're at the store if they keep the water clean. But sadly, most stores fail to do so and that's when it becomes cruel.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:06 AM   #394 
fightergirl2710

I want to give away all those stupid mollies and make a girl betta paradise in my 20g! I'm sure Hi Handsome can have them taken care of
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:45 AM   #395 
fishman12

Haha or you could sell them to a pet store...
fishman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:50 AM   #396 
sunnydawnie

I have 2 empty bowls ---- going to the LFS today and get a girl for each one to QT to start my sorority !

Question, can you put a sorority with one male and perhaps other fish in a 16G ?
sunnydawnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #397 
Sakura8

fightergirl - I had all three together for fifteen minutes and my nerves are shot. Thanks to the fact that Anju and Zenny look alike, I have no idea who was beating up who, I only knew Goldi was darting in and out getting anybody in her way. I have them separated, not sure who's in the gladware and who's in the big tank but Goldi's in the 2.5g. Are we insane for wanting to do this? I boiled the other 3.5g tank after the guppy incident, guess I'll put . . . I think it's Zenny in there for now and ponder my next step.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #398 
fightergirl2710

@ fishman- Yeah or that ;) Handsome wont be very happy with that arrangement though!
@sunnydawnie- As long as you don't put any female bettas or flashy fish like fancy guppies, you cand make a community tank for your male. Also, sometimes temperment matters... If your boy is very aggressive he may not like any tankmates at all!
Best of luck with the sorority, I wanna see peectures of the girls when you get them!! :D
Old 06-22-2011, 12:04 PM   #399 
fightergirl2710

Ooh, what did you do about the guppies? Yeah, we're totally insane... Going where many people have gone before but without the attention span and with a very big panic button :D I'm leaving them all in for now and tomorrow I shall think of something as well, right now Cleo needs my attention more than anyone :)
Old 06-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #400 
Sakura8

The guppies went back. Here's the story of how THAT went. http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=73127
Three is too small a number but I have nowhere else to put two girls for quarantine. If they came in dinky cups and not a big community tank, do you think they even need to be quarantined? Plus I don't think my tank is planted enough. :-/ Now that they're sorta calmed down, I'm pretty sure it's Zenny in the tank and Anju in the netbreeder and Goldi's in what used to be Anju's tank. Naturally only Goldi came out unscathed. I really thought Anju and Zenny were going to get along, they just flared at each other for a long while.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese