Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #40011 
Sakura8

I'm baaaack!

Olympia, he's much more active right now. He still refuses to go into his white tunnel but he swims up to the black pipe that floats and goes in there.

People define Asians pretty broadly. I define Indians as their own separate race and I define Filipinos as Pacific Islander (meaning if she knew, my former Filipino friend would have killed me 'cause she considered herself Asian).

Goood luck with the shrimpies, Silverfang! Saying shrimpy chants for you. *oooohmmmm shrimpy shrimpy shrimpy oooooohmmm shrimpy shrimpy shrimpy*

Olympia, yeaaah. It's sad since the US markets herself as a diverse and accepting country. Diverse yes, accepting no. And ignorant. The different cultures here don't bother to learn about the other cultures. Everyone just stays within their enclave and never interacts. In Los Angeles, you can go from Korea Town to Little Italy to the Mexican area within blocks but the people in those enclaves never mix. :(
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #40012 
Silverfang

I've seen my boys and girls flare at their foods.

And Olympia I took out the driftwood, wiped off the slime (Really.. mucus! or snot), used a toothbrush where needed, and put it back in.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #40013 
Sakura8

I soaked my stupid piece for two weeks, tried to put it in and it floated right up.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:59 PM   #40014 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hehe, are you gonna feed him... Uhh what's the other word for worms? Night crawlers? xD Catfish would love whatever you find at a bait shop.

My Filipino friend is a mystery. He considers himself Asian, yes. One time, in French or something I asked him how on earth is he so smart at this and he replied "because I have Asian parents". It's always kind of awkward when people put themselves into their race stereotype. I guess you're supposed to laugh about it because they are obviously being light hearted about it, right? >.<

That's why I loved my world religions class. We learned about all these cultures, Muslim, Jewish, toaist, Shinto, zoroastrian, native American, buddhist (sorry if these are spelled wrong it was a French course ). It's great because you wouldn't think a catholic school would do that, but the course debunks all these myths about these religions. Also, if you say an offensive term to a gay person, or use -those- words, automatic suspension. How's that for catholic school!

I don't know how people don't want cultural diversity. Going over to my Spanish friends house for dinner, even that's enriching to me. Even though I often end up sitting there listening to a storm of Spanish. Plus we have this awesome sushi restaurant, so original, I know. xD But the sushi is amazing. I could never live off a meat fish potatos bread diet (that's my personal stereotype of what Polish people eat).

Hope that helps, Silver. I just used Pimafix, if you can get cheap, or even have some Melafix, it should help out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:00 PM   #40015 
djembekah

i lahv Sparky!!!!!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #40016 
Sakura8

http://s1236.photobucket.com/albums/...yExploring.mp4

I consider Filipinos to be more Hispanic actually, because of the Spanish colonial history of their country. My friend's middle name was her mother's maiden name Ramirez. I was always like, how Asian is Ramirez? Her father's name was Antonio.

I bought some beefheart, I have some Ocean Nutrition Formula One frozen food and some Ocean Nutrition Formula One pellets. I have loads of frozen fish food right now so when I use up some of it, I'll get him some frozen silversides too. He can have wormies too, when I get up the guts to get some.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #40017 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Haha these videos are killing me. He looks like a sausage trying to swim. And the end of the video where he just smushes his face against the glass.. xD

Anyways, it's late. Night guys. :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:16 PM   #40018 
Sakura8

Night Olympia. :)
Old 06-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #40019 
djembekah

Sakura seriously. Sparky looks like a water teddy bear. I want to hug him except electric shock.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #40020 
Silverfang

considering this is gonna be a soririty, its a no go for the 'fixes
night folks!
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese