Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #40031 
Sakura8

:3 Thanks Yuuie.

He was at one of my local LFS for months until I finally decided I had to have him and get him ouf of his tiny tank. He could barely turn around.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 03:46 AM   #40032 
Yuuie

well now he's got lots of room does he get any bigger then that
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:26 AM   #40033 
Sakura8

They can get up to 49 inches but supposedly in captivity they seldom grow past 16" maximum. I sure hope he stays around 12" or I'm in trouble.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #40034 
Yuuie

O.O well that is big. now off to bed i go laters
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:50 AM   #40035 
Sakura8

Night Yuuie!

Checked on Sparky. He's already dislodged the filter intake on the Marineland Emperor filter by swimming between it and the wall. He pushed the piece he "broke" off into the white pipe tunnel. Almost like he was using it to see if the tunnel was safe or not. Guess I have to leave it there for now since my gloves haven't arrived yet. But I wonder, no website really specified. When they shock you, do you have to be actually touching them or can they send a shock through the water that gets you? Huh. Don't really wanna stick my arm in there to find out. Seems a little too much like listening for trains by laying on the track.

Anyways. Good night!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #40036 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I feel like you'd have to touch one to be hurt, but the water could be kinda tingly.
And don't even start with the north east. It's such a mess over there, so many hostile feelings. Just don't group us as the same ethnicity as Germans or you're in trouble.

I've always seen race as more of a cultural thing, like languages... Polish, Czech, even Russian, are very similar languages and with some effort we can understand what the other is saying. Since the languages are similar I think of them as one race.. Eastern Russia gets a little weird. I'm extremely fascinated with areas like Mongolia and eastern Russia. The fact that many people live a nomadic life style up there is just unbelievable. Germany is probably where I draw the line of east and west, because we don't mix well. The polish word for Germans basically means "people who mummer" aka "people we don't understand." xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:17 AM   #40037 
Silverfang

crossing fingers for non re-sliming wood
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:21 AM   #40038 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

And we both could use a shrimp party.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:00 AM   #40039 
Silverfang

if these shrimp die off, my new HM gets a big playground, with a few corries probably.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #40040 
Laki

Sakura's man after seeing Sparky, "kay, I'm going out for a minute" Sakura "yuh, see ya.. Whose a little Sparky warky!"lol not as baby talk but I caught the voice change
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I used to think Canada was a horrible place, but then I heard about the US.
Posted via Mobile Device
Pre-confederate and post-confederate Canada was a terrible place. Elitist white middle class men trying to hold it down and judging the non-elitist and natives. Pure racist bullies is what they were. Canada was, and still is to some degree, an intolerant nation. Sure, we have high immigration and flacid laws but the people are intolerant to newcomers. Well, here it is. We have A LOT of Sudanese refugees and immigrants who have a hard time sometimes. I love them all, some even have tribal scars and they have so much to teach us about Africa and becoming Canadian. 2 friends of mine who used to work at the grocery store were from Sudan, I hated my job with a passion but they were grateful for it. Really eye opening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
poor thing is desperate to populate the entire city
lol, do I sense a bake-sale style snail sale coming up? "By donations, justtakethemalready!!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Good Night DQ

hmmmm...But it's all part of Asia. And where does Turkey and most of Russia fit in. geographically, Its ALL part of Asia which makes them asian, right?

*snip*
I thought Russia was it's own continent??? And Turkey is considered Middle East. I'd love to go to the Turkish hot springs!

Got my 2 6 week intersession courses DONE!!! Yippee!! Now to hanker down and write a 5 page paper on a women's studies topic I don't care about .. Great.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese