Old 06-23-2012, 12:55 AM   #40313 
djembekah

i work in the morning but i dont want to go to bed >.>
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #40314 
Tikibirds

Black shrimp?

I like this one

to annoy my sister, I fed her cat fish flakes for her goldfish which he LOVED and now he WILL NOT GO AWAY. He is snuggled up on my bed and won't move no matter how hard I push him >.<
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:30 AM   #40315 
Sakura8

I'm sorry, DQ. He had a good, long life with you.

Silverfang, if you want plants to really thrive then yes. You would need to get a light fixture that puts out at least 50 watts of light or more - the one I have for my 20 gallon long puts out 48. To get something that bright, you usually have to get a T5-HO (high output) light fixture. Cost can vary but expect it to be over $100. -___- If you aren't going to grow lots of stem plants or low-growing plants or any plant that is red, then what you have is probably fine wattage-wise. You can grow crypts, mosses, java fern, anubias, water sprite, water wisteria, cabomba, and maybe some rotala. Swords may or may not grow well. For the kelvins, OFL said 6500 K simulates natural daylight best. If you got that double bright Marineland LED light that you once talked about finding on kijiji, that probably is bright enough.

Tiki, wow. Prolific snails. O.O

I haven't seen my assassin snails since I put them in the tanks. Hey, Laki, an assassin snail shouldn't bother a substantially bigger mystery snail, should it? I forgot that my mystery snail is in the 20 gal and I couldn't find him to get him out - he was in the plants somewhere. He's about 1 and a half inches in diameter at least, maybe bigger. The assassins are tiny . . .

G'night everyone.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 06:36 AM   #40316 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #40317 
Silverfang

Tiki those are probably king Kong and snowball shrimp. The snowballs are just another species oh cherries. Now look up blue bolts. Me want. Me no want spend 100$ per.

Was up briefly, aside from love girl hiding till she saw the feeding spoon.. things are looking good.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #40318 
Laki

Sorry to hear DQ!! :(
Sakura, from all the reading I did, assassins do not bother to take down larger species of snail. Your mystery should be fine! I think the assassins even share ramshorns and larger pond snails. The process is liquefaction o.o Then they slurp all the juicy goodness up!
Silver, we need to coordinate a time then! I work all weekend and I don't think work will like me holding snails in the back (it is a food establishment!! ) and I already have to surprise them today to solicit and sell my SNES from work. :/
Tiki, that's hilarious!! Years ago when I lived with my old roommates one of the cats used to hang out with me when I fed my fish in the morning. She would get a small capful of fish food and she loved it! :p It's funny that you stole your sisters cat through fish food :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #40319 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Wow, I spent all night watching the first 10 episodes of The Legend of Korra. Actually got sucked into it!

Sakura, when the time comes I'll probably do CO2 and RO mix. Gonna be a fancy tank! :p

King Kong shrimp are the most freaking expensive things ever. The yellow shrimp is really nice and cheap though.

Take a look at these babies:
New Sulawesi Shrimp-- Guitarfish
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #40320 
Silverfang

I think blue bolt are more expensive. But that link is AWESOME.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese