Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 07:52 AM   #40421 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
It says its NOT included so I don't think he needs the permit as whats listed was the ones that do need a permit. Although don't quote me on that. I know you can't take any fruit or anything like that across the border but you can take household plants as long as they have never been planted outside
Oops. Most of my plants come from huge tubs outdoors
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:36 AM   #40422 
xjenuhfur

Another day in the car! Phone will probably die again today. The battery life has been horrible on this phone as of late. -_-
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 08:37 AM   #40423 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post

Also OMG this rabbit is adorable. ;-; Wish I could adopt her.
I can has too?

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
holy cow. i wonder how vet assistant stuff works. i haven't really looked too far into anything medical before. now i'm researching a bit though.
My cousin did a 2 yr vet assistant course. It's extremely competitive and she was one of the lucky ones in her class to get a job. The assiastant program is different from tech program (which you need to go to the mainland for). But assistants do reception, animal care, and SOMETIMES present for surgeries (depending on the staff and owners), and they restrain pets needing medicine/bloodwork, and watch post-op animals. There was also a cycle for overnight on-calls which my cousin did in case there was an emerg. Not the job for me! I helped my friend restrain her rat yesterday while she poked around at its cyst...But the blood freaked me out bc I knew she was distressed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
Anyone want to take my exams for me this week? Anyone?
I will if you finish my womens studies course for the summer. I hate it so much. Too much lauty-dah silly talk.

Mo, since you're so young you can play with that ;) "But, but officer I'm only a kid! All these big paper permits!! I can barely read!" .. Or something like that.

We cleared it with the cat yesterday! We can watch my friends little terrier in August while she goes to St. Pierre!! I'm so excited. And in a creepy sort of its-a-small-world way, I think her dog is under the same mutt byb lineage line of my dog Coco. o.o

Her dog came from the same area Coco's parents did. I sometimes see a dog running loose in the area that resembles Coco and her dog has the same face, body type and fur. Only thing is, Coco came to us almost 15 years ago (and he passed away last year).. Someone has his relatives and my friends dog is one of the offspring! I'll get pics for comparison ^.^ This was too weird for me to find out.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #40424 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Around Christmas the animal rescue got 400 rabbits from a BYB situation, desperate times. I wish I could have fostered some. :(
She is adorable though, I can't believe someone could throw away a bunny like her!
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #40425 
Laki

http://www.cbc.ca/player/Shows/ID/2249940325/
This is my friend Robyn on cbc about the provincial rescue :)
400 byb?!?!!? wow. o.o
Old 06-25-2012, 10:58 AM   #40426 
diablo13

Wait, Mo's a kid too? How old are you? Im 13. Officer could probably believe I couldn't read
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #40427 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yep. Never knew there were BYB for rabbits. But a baby lop can fetch $130 at a pet shop here. O___O lionheads are pricey too. And you know how rabbits are with breeding, so easy money I guess.
They needed foster homes bad with that bust.

Hehe I see lotsa shrimp eggs on my momma shrimp! :D

Also, Mocha stepped on Zara's ear.. The bleeding stopped but now I gotta keep Mocha on a leash in the house cause she won't leave Zara's ear alone. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #40428 
Silverfang

Squee! I'm living vicariously Olympia... no chance for pics? :$
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #40429 
Laki

I got my bunny from a family who had a male and female pet store rabbit which they bred for a bit of a profit. She's some dwarf mix, got her for 10$. People around here do not sell breeds for much over 25$ unless they're also selling cages and food with it. Some people just cannot handle a tormented-by-hormones bunny and give the entire setup away from free...
Lionheads and holland and mini lops are the most popular. Mostly lops though because people here dies for them. REW's are lucky to find a home :<

All this talk about me hating my womens studies course... I have 86% in the course so far!! lol I think I'll stick with it, as much as it annoys me.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #40430 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

My camera cannot take photos that tiny, maybe I'll try in a few days when they eggs will be bigger and darker, now they're still clear. :D

Already told you once I think but when I can finally rescue a bunny I want a big REW new Zealand. Heh. Just cause no one likes albinos. :(
Posted via Mobile Device

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese