Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #40441 
thekinetic

Not me I love hound dogs, they're just so sweet and gentle! :3

Oh yeah I'm off work now but thanks to this cold I can't shake and my dang allergies my day has been miserable! :(

Last edited by thekinetic; 06-25-2012 at 02:18 PM.
thekinetic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #40442 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I like sighthounds, especially borzoi. More elegant, you could say. That's why I like the IG, a more manageable size compared to a borzoi.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:41 PM   #40443 
Sakura8

Herding dogs here. Love border collies, corgis. Also love big working dogs like Newfoundlands, Landseers, etc. Not a fan of small lap dogs. And no longer fond of labradors.

Congrats Mo!

Aww, kinetic, I hope you feel better soon. :( *hugs*
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #40444 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Uh, so my neighbor got a 4 year old weenie dog fostered, brought in from China.. The thing is thought to be a standard x mini cross... Weighs 10lbs... It's bark sounds like, a mastiff or something. I was SOOO confused when I saw this tiny little thing with such a deep voice.

Also, sweetest weenie dog I ever did meet, so quiet (with people) and just tolerant of everything.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:51 PM   #40445 
Sakura8

Long-haired dachsunds are cute. A family friend has a few wire-haired minis. He takes them everywhere, even into stores. He got mad when he was kicked out of Home Depot once for taking his dog in. (by the way, he's a big retired cop!)
Old 06-25-2012, 04:55 PM   #40446 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

This ones a longhair, but they shaved him down. :D

Hopefully get to pick up my new fish tomorrow! Nothing as cool as Sparky, but good enough for now, hehe!

I'm trying to figure out why fluval CO2 systems are SO much cheaper than other things rated for the same tank size. Like $100 vs $350. o-o Curious if it's a quality thing going on here.
Old 06-25-2012, 05:02 PM   #40447 
djembekah

my grandparents got a dauschund that's a cross between a long and a short haired. she's sweet. My dog is half pug and half dauschund. She's a character. have i shared a pic of her here yet?
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #40448 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

RIP big tortoise. :'(
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06...pecies-poorer/
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #40449 
Sakura8

Threadfins are awesome! Someday I'd love some.

Fluval makes it up with the replacements. You need to buy replacement cartridges every 3 months. That adds up fast. For me, it would have been like $50 every 3 months. If it's heavily planted, you'd use more C02 and probably have to replace the cartridges even more often. And the system is designed so that no DIY cartridges are compatible, you have to buy Fluval replacements. Other than that, I think it's a good system.

Bekah, share pics of dog!
Old 06-25-2012, 06:20 PM   #40450 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I think there's only 1 male and like 4 females at the store right now.. I need more males. -__-
If they're even there still! But I gotta reward myself from exams. :D

Kay, I'm liking this nice simple one by amano designs. 1 replacement bottle is $15, no size stated. Claims it makes the water smell like a fragrant forest, and CO2 purifies water O__O:
CO2 Advance System (White) [101-603] - $269.99 : Aqua Forest Aquarium, ADA USA, Aqua Design Amano

Then there's this one "perfect for beginners" hehe, I would go for that. Looks simpler, I don't think it comes with an indicator of how much CO2 is in the water. Six 35g replacement bottles are $30 (also amano designs):
CO2 Starter Kit [140-601] - $139.99 : Aqua Forest Aquarium, ADA USA, Aqua Design Amano

Then there's this MONSTER, super high tech and fancy looking (not minimalist like everything Amano spits out!). The cylinder is 5 lbs! No clue if that's relevant to anything though? Expensive beast but may be a good value in the end. Three 95g bottles cost $40 on this one:
Primo CO2 System | Green Leaf Aquariums

Also liking this nano guy:
Atomic Nano CO2 Kit V2 | Green Leaf Aquariums

Just realized this is getting a little too complicated for coffeehouse chat. x__x
Sakura PM me with a response on what you think of these things. I'm guessing you aren't a huge CO2 expert or anything but your opinion still counts! :D

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese