Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #4041 
copperarabian

oh I remember that one, he's really pretty :D is he a rose tail?

I vote so fast I totally forget which photo I voted for until we can see them again lol
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 10:59 PM   #4042 
Sakura8

Copper - Thanks for the pic comment. Anderson is by far my best bubblenester. Sherman doesn't even bother anymore because his heavy HM tail drags him down too much and Crichton is too new. He built a tiny one a few nights ago, though. And Riceball is too busy running from me to build anything. And I love my Zenny, she's a character.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:00 PM   #4043 
Tisia

me neither, that and his spazzy personality, lol. so glad I went back for him :D
Tisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:01 PM   #4044 
Tisia

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
oh I remember that one, he's really pretty :D is he a rose tail?

I vote so fast I totally forget which photo I voted for until we can see them again lol
no, HM, he just kind of looks rosetail in that pic because of a bit of fin rot he had
Old 07-17-2011, 11:06 PM   #4045 
Tisia

he's not fully flaring in this pic, but better idea of his fins in it :p
Old 07-17-2011, 11:07 PM   #4046 
Jirothebetta

Man this thread moves fast, last time I was reading you guys were talking about animes coincidentaly I had an anime I just thought of suggesting, Anybody out there ever watch Nichijou? Its a really funny and quirky little slice of life anime, any ever seen it?
Jirothebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 11:08 PM   #4047 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Copper - Ooh, I'm loving these tips. *furiously writing them down* And yes, I did take my avatar but I think I just got lucky. Sherman poses like a supermodel anytime someone walks by so he's very easy to take pics of.

Tisia - I never get tired of Nalin's grumpy little face and beautiful fins.
LOL if you ever need help taking photos I can probably give you more tops XD Here's two more tips for sunlight shots(Or studio)

You can use a thicker white paper or metallic silver art board to bounce light into shadow areas, here's a example of a studio photo of my friend where I bounced light to the left side of her face to give it more depth

And in this one I had two strobe lights facing a white background, and one more with a soft box as the key light. You could do something similar with your fish by Getting a big piece of white construction paper and leaning it against something(curving the sides inward will be even better), then put your bettas container on it and either use straight sunlight or diffuse it, either way you should get good lighting. Face the set up towards the sun so it will turn the area into a little light room and the fish should look great. If it's too over exposed add another layer of diffusion.

*EDIT*
@Jirothebetta
I found it on Animecrazy, I'll try watching it sometime and see if I like it :D
http://www.animecrazy.net/nichijou-episode-list/

Last edited by copperarabian; 07-17-2011 at 11:12 PM.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:16 PM   #4048 
Sakura8

Jirothebetta, I'll have to remember that one. It sounds interesting.

Copper - So I take the pics with the sun facing the fish but with my back against it?

Tisia - I'm so glad you went back for him too, he's too gorgeous to be wasted on someone who might not have taken the proper care of him.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:17 PM   #4049 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirothebetta View Post
Man this thread moves fast, last time I was reading you guys were talking about animes coincidentaly I had an anime I just thought of suggesting, Anybody out there ever watch Nichijou? Its a really funny and quirky little slice of life anime, any ever seen it?
We have no self-control with the post reply button.
Old 07-17-2011, 11:21 PM   #4050 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Copper - So I take the pics with the sun facing the fish but with my back against it?

It doesn't really matter which way you face, but the fish and the set up should be facing towards the sun, I wouldn't have my back facing the sun because my shadow would get annoying, I'd try to be at an angle slightly off to one side.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese