Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-29-2012, 11:00 PM   #40841 
Silverfang

They had one that was in the filter at the LFS. OF course their filters look like they need a trim they are so green.

I always see mine, they like to climb out of the water and hand under the lip of the hood
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:07 PM   #40842 
eaturbyfill

I'm sad, 'cause when I get a community tank I want a Dwarf Gourami.. but the only place I've seen with them is Wal-Mart. -.-
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:09 PM   #40843 
Tikibirds

You guys need larger snails. I can see mine from like 20 feet away

I don't have much algae though since I like, dropped the light into the tank.

what do i feed this baby? how big before are they when you start pellets?
I have first bites and new life spectrum pellets. I can also do brine shrimp if I HAVE to.

I want a dragon fish but was told they need 75 gallon or bigger tanks.

I still haven't decided what else to put in the 20G. so far - 4 females, 1 mystery snail, 1 adult trapdoor snail and 2 babies...

Last edited by Tikibirds; 06-29-2012 at 11:12 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:11 PM   #40844 
Silverfang

I feed my SMALL and underdeveloped fishies NLS grow formula, it's tiny. Tiny for tiny mouths is my motto. The fact that it's 50% protein and has either 10 or 12% fat is just awesome.

Also, when I want to see snails, calcium tab. They eat it and then poop white. Yep, that was different...

EDIT: Oh Sakura, figured out what the floating plant I have is... http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/profiles/salvinia/

Last edited by Silverfang; 06-29-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 12:04 AM   #40845 
Sakura8

Tiki, try the pellets. If they're too big, go with first bites until she gets big enough for the pellets. Brine shrimp would be too big. Only frozen baby brine shrimp would work but it has to be fed with an eyedropper.

Elizabeth, you don't have a Petsmart with them?

EDIT: Silver, ooh. I'm glad you figured it out. :) I still have no idea what the one I have is. It's either frogbit or salvinia like yours but I can't tell.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:08 AM   #40846 
Laki

I just sat here and stalked the last 10 pages :)
I was too tired to do it last night. Vet went alright. I had to leave Acacia there for 3 hours so they could sedate her. Anyway. 260$ later.
And I got acknowledged for wanting to help with orientation for the uni in Sept.. Except I had bad anxiety dreams about it.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:13 AM   #40847 
diablo13

Sakura, I WAS going to take pics this morning, but we had the mother of all storms here last night, my house's power went out for like 6 hours, but pretty much everyone outside of the neighborhood doesn't. Abunch of the main roads are blocked by fallen trees. Am I have to clean up the yard before I can do anything, including eat. Oh joy.
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:32 AM   #40848 
Laki

I'm so pissed off, I could cry.
I just went to give Acacia her meds and came to the sudden and harsh realisation that the "procedure" she went under yesterday was totally unnecessary and I could have done it myself at home. They lanced it like anybody could have done. I was under the impression they cut her up a bit to allow the wound to remain open. Bunny pus is thick (like toothpaste) evenIknowhowtocareforoneandI'mnotalicensedvet. Oh my god. I need to calm down before I call them and ask wtf. I feel cheated and ripped off.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 08:56 AM   #40849 
diablo13

Sorry to here that, laki :( Was it at Least a cheap procedure? I'm confused as to what to do with food. My NLS Betta Pellets have 37% protein and 5% fat, while the NLS Thera A+ Pellets have 38% protein and 7% fat, and the TetraMin Flakes have 47% protein and 10% fat. Diablo and Churro ate the flakes with no spillage, but I don't know how the girls would take to them :/
diablo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:07 AM   #40850 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh my gosh.. Watching a lady that rescues chimps, two of her ex research lab chimps were infected with HIV, and they chewed their thumbs off. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese