Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #40911 
Laki

Ok somebody mentioned pineapple. I got tricked into eating a dried pineapple covered in cayenne today. They actually sell them in the mall o-o It wasn't too spicy, I cook with cayenne daily but fbdh;riufkjdsbgh Who thought of making cayenne pineapples!!!

I just poked more at Bunny's abscess, I have a needle but I'm going to pierce her tomorrow looking for pus. I cannot do it alone and Matt's at work. But she's running around now and I think there is a mass there, I'm not sure about the lump. Gah. This bunny. I took some pictures bc I'm calling the vet tomorrowcv nbh;euf nvm
-_- They're closed.

Either way, I'll get this straightened out.
Silver, still have java mossssss????
9 hour shifts suck. At least MoMo mouse keeps us company.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:52 PM   #40912 
Silverfang

Yup, I have the moss... and I was given about 6 heaters. Used, but all 25W or more. Champagne and Anna won't have chilly tanks the winter.

On sad news, Amy looks like she's going, the fur keeps getting worse, and she's barely breathing.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:53 PM   #40913 
Laki

Oh, you got all the heaters? Cool! Is she not breeding anymore? I was thinking of getting my next fish off her :/
Sorry about Amy. :(
Old 06-30-2012, 09:57 PM   #40914 
djembekah

shifts over like 5 hours suck. and i think i want a full time job o_o that sounds terrible

though the fact that i'm sick may have something to do with my resentment of work. usually working 4 hours is just fine, and the few 8 hour shifts i've had have been okay unless i'm stressed already.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #40915 
xjenuhfur

Your closet is like that too?!?! We say to tie a rope to yourself if you can't get out of mine.

You can has some ice creammm Booboo! I has extras!
xjenuhfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #40916 
djembekah

yay! *takes ice cream* :3 nom.

seriously i need to get some ice cream, it will heal my sicks. right? :3
Old 06-30-2012, 10:12 PM   #40917 
Silverfang

don't think she has any currently. Though I would offer her my PK, I don't really have room for him, and he is healthy and perky.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #40918 
Laki

I'd like a short tailed boy betta next :)
My sister had to sympathy euthanize her betta today. She chose putting him in ice cold slush and then putting him back in the freezer. Sounds harsh, but that's humane..... Right? The shock from the initial ice slush kills them almost instantly ...
I wanted ice cream alllll day!! Never got any. Too much work. But my co-worker's lovely parents bought me an italian soda! :)
Making a veggie cheeseburger now too... It's 12am. Happy Canada Day to me?
Old 06-30-2012, 10:32 PM   #40919 
djembekah

ugh three of my girls look like they might have ich >.< in the 29 gallon of course, and not enough quarantine tanks! of course it could be whatever sand is floating around landing on them... >.> <.< u g h wat do
Old 06-30-2012, 11:02 PM   #40920 
Sakura8

I'm back!

Olympia, I had a hunch they'd be sensitive being so small. I'm afraid the guppy in there would eat them. My LFS had chocolate gouramis! Poor things had such clamped fins that the tails looked like points.

Bekah, does it look like little grains of salt sprinkled all over them? For light-colored girls, you can look at their tails and their eyeballs to see if they have ich. Yes, ich parasites even go on the eyeballs. O.O If they do look like they are sprinkled with salt and they are darting or rubbing, then your best option is this: go to Wal-Mart and get a good-sized Rubbermaid bin, at least 6 gallons. (note: 25 liters is about 6.6gal). Make sure you have a good adjustable heater. Add 3 tsps of salt per gallon and set the heater to 86 F. Add girls. Once a day, do a pretty big water change, vacuuming the bottom of the container, and redose the salt. Be careful to only dose the amount of salt that you took out. So if you took out say 3 gal in the water change, redose 9 tsps of salt. Repeat until you no longer see ich on the girls and then continue for an extra day or two. After that, you can add them back into the 29.

EDIT: Silver, I'm so sorry about Amy. :( The two of you have really put up a good fight.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese