Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 06-22-2011, 11:11 AM   #401 
Sakura8

Oh, how's Cleo? Is she doing better? I was worried about her. I didn't want you to lose another betta so soon after Little Blue Boy, especially one you've had a while.

sunnydawnie, avoid fin nippers for your tank with a male. But a sorority with a male betta is a no-go. If you're asking if males of any fish type can go in a sorority, then the answer is a tentative yes but with lots of observation. Evidently, male guppies hit on anything that moves, the sleazeballs.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #402 
Bettawolf19

Ya my females are insane. I mean I have issues just fixing things in their tank XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil D View Post
Can I start a sorority in a 10G? I've read I can put 4-5 females in there...
I have 5 females in my ten gal sorority. The biggest thing is cover and plenty of it. Here's a picture:
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 11:48 AM   #403 
Sakura8

Are all those live plants? I have trouble keeping live plants, well, live. After seeing your tank, I'm 100% sure one of my problems is my tank isn't planted well enough. Off to the pet store (third time this week, what day is it again?) for more plants.
Old 06-22-2011, 11:56 AM   #404 
fightergirl2710

Yeah, I seem to be having problems keeping my plants alive too. I got a fertiliser, hopefully it works!
Cleo is soo much better now! I'm giving her antibiotics in her food.. She's not bloated anymore or clamped and swimming quite a bit, she's quite alert too... It's looking good so far, as long as she doesn't bail on me we're good!
Bettawolf, my 10g looks tiny compared to yours, I think I went all paranoid and crammed too much in there for them to hide ;)
fightergirl2710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:11 PM   #405 
Sakura8

Advice: get two more girls (and plants) for the sorority or just give up and keep my three separate and turn the 10g into a community tank?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #406 
fightergirl2710

Wow, that's a tough one! I say do the first thing only if you can make sure that if they have to be separated, it wont be a problem and you can keep them comfortably or have a reliable person to give them away too...
Old 06-22-2011, 12:20 PM   #407 
Bettawolf19

its not fully planted the 5 dark green things are plastic actually lol and I love how the lily bulb finally sprouted after like 5 months of being out of the water sitting on the side. But most of my veggitation is up at the top floating other then that I have 1 lily bulb, 1 anabuis nana thing, a tiny Java fern, 1 water wisteria some moneywort and some hornwort and a bunch of anacharis thing.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #408 
fightergirl2710

It looks so big >< I'm jealous! Mine looks like a storage tank filled with water!
Old 06-22-2011, 12:30 PM   #409 
Bettawolf19

Pictures?

Ya the 3 PVC pipes in there they rarely use lol if anything they swim through them once in awhile. Mostly they sleep aroudn the giant rock driftwood looking thing or up top in the plants once in awhile in the corner near the heater.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #410 
fightergirl2710

My little psychos need every little place I've put in there for them... I'll put up pics tomorrow. I just switched off their light and they get cranky, we definitely don't want that! :P Also, in most of the pictures, you will only see Peaches as the rest tend to hide from me and her. If you do see them, they will look raggedy due to their pet shop trauma and Peaches of course! You have been warned ;P

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese