Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 01:23 AM   #4101 
copperarabian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
In that photo, much nicer!!

I hear copper is dominant, you should have some coppers as long as both carry it (not just show it). But again, that would be hard to see haha

I love cichlids :( My new tank was supposed to be a 50g for cichlids, but when I got it home I saw it was actually a 45g, too narrow. I'll never have my cichlids!! We want yellow labs, peacocks and blue cobalts. I was looking at Red Jewels too but ran into too many in the plans lol
That's good to know, so maybe I'll still get the coppers I love so much XD

yellow labs are really pretty, I prefer south/central American myself but the African tend to have a great body shape.
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:23 AM   #4102 
Yuuie

well i'm off to bed now laters all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:29 AM   #4103 
Sakura8

Goodnight Yuuie!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:38 AM   #4104 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
That's good to know, so maybe I'll still get the coppers I love so much XD

yellow labs are really pretty, I prefer south/central American myself but the African tend to have a great body shape.
I love the African, only because they offer smaller sizes. I really can't get into 100g+ tanks, my fiance would shoot me. Would you believe I asked for a 5gal with a betta, look at my list now! haha I haven't really looked into the SA Cichlids yet... I want everything I see with fish so I tend to stay away lol Our other option was Dwarf Cichlids... but I can only find Blue Rams here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
You need to do what you feel most comfortable with and I think it's great that you weren't willing to take on more than you felt you could handle. You did what was right for you and for the bettas and that's really good of you. As for your betta care, well, bad things happen to good fishowners. That bottle of water conditioner being past its expiration date, for example, was definitely a bad thing. I think you will soon reach that point where you are confident in your betta care skills.
Ya, I'm not one to jump. Usually I plan everything out but I never expected all that bad stuff to happen! I'm actually scared to get more Bettas :( I bought new EVERYTHING for Ben, I was so scared something I had here was killing them. Now that everything seems to be going ok with Ben, I don't know if I want to use my other tanks. I'm also treating Glowlight Tetras for Columnaris and just got over a battle with Ich. Someone sold me a slew of fish with issues :(
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:40 AM   #4105 
Bettawolf19

So guys I feel in love with a dragon plaket at Petsmart..he's a mustard gas but I didn't get him because I don't have the room
Bettawolf19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #4106 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettawolf19 View Post
So guys I feel in love with a dragon plaket at Petsmart..he's a mustard gas but I didn't get him because I don't have the room
Even if you get all your girls into their sorority peacefully? No spare anything? C'mon, Bettawolf, it's a MUSTARD GAS!
Old 07-18-2011, 01:45 AM   #4107 
Bettawolf19

well lets see here the girls are going intot he 20 gal. Blackbirds gonna get their old tank with his 4 oto buddies. Judes staying in his kritter keeper and kiwi and his cories are going into the NPT. Solo is in the other 3 gal kritter keeper right now and eventually I don't know if I'm gonna move Oscar into soemthing better.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:45 AM   #4108 
copperarabian

I don't know that much about African cichlids, I see them at petco all the time, and the American cichlids get a different tank(all baby's).
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 01:48 AM   #4109 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettawolf19 View Post
well lets see here the girls are going intot he 20 gal. Blackbirds gonna get their old tank with his 4 oto buddies. Judes staying in his kritter keeper and kiwi and his cories are going into the NPT. Solo is in the other 3 gal kritter keeper right now and eventually I don't know if I'm gonna move Oscar into soemthing better.
Get another kritter keeper. I also just bought this great hex tank at Petco for not too much, light and filter included.
http://www.petco.com/product/113933/...-Aquarium.aspx
Old 07-18-2011, 01:49 AM   #4110 
Bettawolf19

I hate tall tanks though lol one of the reasons I want to change Oscar's tank ebcause he's in a 5 gal tall hex. I would get another small tank but its just finding the heaters for them.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese