djembekah

i totally would
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:32 PM   #41092 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djembekah View Post
why did i think dwarf puffers needed brackish water? are they like mollies who can do either or?
No they can only live in fresh actually. Heh. Should have the tanks divided by this week. :D
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #41093 
Sakura8

There are some puffer fish that are brackish (like figure 8 puffers) but dwarf puffers are freshwater. I've heard they only get into trouble if they puff up while they are out of water.

Mr. Ramsy is a funny little snail all right. :)

Mo! Gorgeous girl and dang, how many fish do you have now? You have nice parents. I doubt mine would have given me that much money to spend on Thai imports when I was your age.

To whoever put the rah rah ah ah ah tag there, thank you. I have had Bad Romance stuck in my head ever since.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #41094 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hahahaha yes! It wouldn't let me put the rest of the song though! :(

Okay. 15 gallon overhaul started today. There was A LOT of sulpher under the driftwood. It's REALLY gross. I need MTS. Bad.
I caught 6 unhappy cory cats with a cup! And the betta are out of the tank too. So this is business time. The driftwood is moving to the 20 gallon because it won't fit when the tank is divided three ways.

I will hopefully pick up my dwarf puffer on my Friday trip to the fish store to get everything else. :3
The cories tank footprint literally doubled, the went from 10 to 20 gallons. But they're all just cowering in the corner. Maybe I'll get some more friends for them. Or another species. Not sure yet. :D
Old 07-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #41095 
Sakura8

Hurraaaaay! I can't wait for pics of this new tank and of the little puffer. :)

So my LFS told me the only real way to get rid of my black brush algae is to get C02. Since I don't have $150 right now, I guess I have to hope my plants aren't smothered until I can afford the system they recommended. It looks a little complex (the regulator is huge and reminds me of a gas meter!). The canister apparently will last for 6 months and can be refilled by a paintball gun? He was hard to understand because he was Vietnamese or Thai and he had an accent. In the meanwhile, think I might try overdosing on Excel.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #41096 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I wouldn't over dose on the Excel- Byron is always saying it's dangerous to use on plants. So overdosing may be bad.
Apparently the liquid CO2 is actually used to kill things off/sterilize things? Not sure.

I'm really pumped for the little puffer too. Snails beware! I wonder if Reuben will like his neighbor!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:19 PM   #41097 
Sakura8

I've heard that liquid C02 can neutralize algae somehow. Some people have reported that it turns black brush algae orange and kills it when it's used for that purpose. Why is liquid C02 dangerous for plants?
Old 07-02-2012, 06:27 PM   #41098 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Here's Byron's explanation:
http://www.tropicalfishkeeping.com/a...ifying-105102/

I was hoping the cories would be like WEEEE ROOM. But I guess fish aren't like me, they get scared and stressed. :(
Old 07-02-2012, 06:32 PM   #41099 
Yuuie

hi all finally back and wow actually read all those pages i missed. the wedding was good and short. it was outside and the jp was funny. the rain held off tell after dinner. the food was really good too and most of the family we meet was actually really nice. think i had more fun driving there and back though. joey was surprised how flat the prairies really were since it was our first time going east of the province. and jayden kept finding puddle clouds that seem a little mean so i think she was just a little tired. also end up doing our own fireworks for Canada day since they didn't do any this year too. and got caught in some rain too that had me a little worried since there was some funnel clouds by regina.and poor kim and cody almost ended up in regina too they missed there turn and kept on going but finally got there. also had a headache for a bit of it too from the heat it was really hot out on the weekend.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:35 PM   #41100 
Sakura8

Welcome back Yuuie! I'm glad the wedding went well. :)

Olympia, that's odd. I've been using Excel for some time to no ill effect, and at 1.5 times the recommended dosage because my tank gets too much oxygen from the HOB filter. Fish and plants are fine. Hmm.

Going out to do a water change on Sparky's tank.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese