Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-18-2011, 03:14 AM   #4121 
Pitluvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
Wow, That sucks, just for the tank O.O I'm expecting to pay about 500-700 for mine, but that would hopefully include a nice stand. Once I have a stable job and am doing well I also want to get a tank for lionfish, I'll need to have a good job though XD I have 4 years to improve my photography and impress the people who will hopefully hire me.
Lionfish? Saltwater right? We have a saltwater one at our LPS, I just love the look of him!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:15 AM   #4122 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitluvs View Post
Ahh kinda, Blues live up to 2-3years in great care. Bolivians (which I like more but can't find) are 3-5 years. Honestly, with my tropical tanks, anything over 5 years is a little much for me. I have to worry about my pleco, I don't want to worry about a bunch of fish 10 years down the road lol
Oh, that's much longer than what the fish breeds book said so that's good. Something about only a year or slightly more. I thought, wow, that's a really short lifespan!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:16 AM   #4123 
copperarabian

Quote:
Ahh kinda, Blues live up to 2-3years in great care. Bolivians (which I like more but can't find) are 3-5 years. Honestly, with my tropical tanks, anything over 5 years is a little much for me. I have to worry about my pleco, I don't want to worry about a bunch of fish 10 years down the road lol
wow they really do have short life spans, I've had my cichlid Malina for 6 years, almost 7, and my pleco is 9 years old. Pleco's can live to be 15-25 with great care, and my cichlids should live to be around 15 years old
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:16 AM   #4124 
Sakura8

Quote:
Lionfish? Saltwater right? We have a saltwater one at our LPS, I just love the look of him!
Foster and Smith Aquatics have some great saltwater setups but they all cost over $1,000. They do come with everything you may ever need, filter, sump, refugium, lighting, and all that but still.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:20 AM   #4125 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperarabian View Post
wow they really do have short life spans, I've had my cichlid Malina for 6 years, almost 7, and my pleco is 9 years old. Pleco's can live to be 15-25 with great care, and my cichlids should live to be around 15 years old
That's a commitment all right, but they also develop so much personality and bond with you a lot during that long lifespan. It's no different than a dog or cat or, in the case of the pleco, a horse. A relative of mine had an old horse who finally passed away somewhere around the age of 35 so a 25 yr old pleco is comparable. And one of my cats passed away at 18 and another died at 16.
Old 07-18-2011, 03:25 AM   #4126 
Pitluvs

Sorry guys, but if something is going to live over 10 years old, I want to be able to cuddle it at least once haha I have a dog, cat and a bearded dragon. I snuggle her so she's ok here! But fish? No. I'd be heartbroken if I had a fish for 15 years and lost it!! At least with 2-5 year fish, I hurt but I'm not devastated.

Although with the Cichlids... I may be getting into that eh? That's why I want my tank to be perfect and my main tank I guess. *insert foot here*
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:26 AM   #4127 
Sakura8

Some big Oscars will roll over to have their belly rubbed. And they play with ping pong balls. Not quite cuddly but about as cuddly as a fish will ever get, ahaha!
Old 07-18-2011, 03:56 AM   #4128 
Sakura8

What does this mean? Every time I look at Riceball now, instead of running for the hills, he starts opening and closing his mouth really big at me. He looks like he's trying to communicate. Could he be an alien in betta form? Or has he finally learned to associate me with food even though he so far hasn't taken food from me but waits for me to drop it into the water first?
Old 07-18-2011, 04:12 AM   #4129 
copperarabian

LOL I think he has learned you=food
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 04:14 AM   #4130 
Sakura8

I hope so. But it's kinda eerie because he really does look like he's trying to talk. Okay, time to lay off the fantasy and sci-fi for a while, my imagination is getting the better of me. I'm off to bed, going to Sausalito in the morning. G'night all!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese