betta fish

Old 07-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #41401 
Laki

Do you want my 5-6 adult rams??
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #41402 
Sakura8

Pretty fishes Mo!

I'm glad your new fishies are doing well, Elizabeth!

Laki, ohmigosh, you have the most laidback assassins in the world. Apparently they never read the job description. -__-

Silver, more plants? Yay!

Olympia, hahaha, you sound like me. I'm trying to be better. I resisted buying the baby bushynose plecos at the LFS today because I knew I had nowhere for them to go when they grew up. But they were so cute!

So yesterday, I heard glass breaking outside. While later, when the UPS guy dropped off packages, he pointed to the broken pot on the porch. "I didn't do that." We said yeah, we know, it was probably the cat. How a cat could break a big pot is beyond us but we figured he managed. Well, today, the neighbor told us that yesterday we had a wild turkey on our lawn. o.O I live in the middle of town. There are houses to the front and a strip mall to the back. Where did a turkey come from?

Obviously, the turkey broke the pot.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #41403 
Laki

My assassins are "broken".. I nearly died laughing when I saw the egg sac on them! lol

Sakura, do you know if it's okay for cats to drink as much water as they want? Oliver has literally been drinking off his fountain for like 4 minutes. I know this because he was drinking when I finished chopping broccoli and came to sit down. About 4 minutes straight drinking. o.o He doesn't have kidney or liver damage (as per November's vet check) he just has ALWAYS been super fascinated with water. Which is why we bought the fountain. gaaah! He likes wet food sometimes but I thought people fed wet food to increase water in their systems?? What's with all my weird animals!
Old 07-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #41404 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

They always blame the turkey................. xD
Okay, uploading pics now. :D

ALSO SAKURA! I was at the fish store for a long time today, you said you needed something for a tank? What about American Flag Fish? Beside their name it said "eats hair algae" so I thought of you! :p Not sure if it's true though. According to google it's sought after for it's algae eating abilities. You do seem to have bad luck with algae eating fish though. xD
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #41405 
Sakura8

Laki, for the most part it's okay for them to drink as much water as they want, especially if it's really warm outside. Because of the way cats have to delicately lap up water, it can take them a while to get their fill. But if he keeps drinking a lot of water and peeing a lot more than usual or having trouble peeing, keep an eye on him because it could mean a urinary tract infection. Neutered males are prone to those.

Olympia, ooh. I tried flag fish in my 20gal once and it didn't work but that was because I had neons and the lady told me flag fish don't like brightly colored fish. Now I don't have neons so I might try them again. I was sad when I had to return them because they were pretty.

My otos . . . sigh. They ate all the algae in the sorority and now they look bored and hungry. I'm out of algae. -__- I put a cucumber slice in there but I'm not sure if they ate any of it. I'm about ready to toss them into the pond. Plenty of algae in there. But I don't know how I'd ever find them to get them out again and they'd never survive the winter or even the fall temps.

EDIT: Laki, as a side thought, lots of cats actually love water. o.O One of my mom's cats used to play in the bathtub. As long as he doesn't seem dehydrated or anything, he should be A-OK.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #41406 
Yuuie

lol always the turkey huh. and yea we all have off days now and then and i did call cody the boss when the computer won't work but that was after i texted him and filled him in and the rest so he does know i was late and it rarely happens when i'm that late but now lisa won't let me live it down. oh what a day
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #41407 
Bacon Is Good

Will you give me the rams?
Bacon Is Good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #41408 
Silverfang

These the pink ones? I might just have to take you up on that offer.

Gotta steal more trumpets, not like I have a shortage. So far four plants aren't so perky. Swords I think can have leaf die off after moving tanks. I know the crypt will come back, it had 6" roots. Just the one stem plant, possibly ludwiga, had about half turn black.

Gotta boil the new and good driftwood and fix it up tomorrow. Cotton cloth can be used for anchoring plants? Gonna attach the Java fern. Maybe add a bit of moss.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:05 PM   #41409 
Sakura8

Bacon, Laki's in Canada. That darn border.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #41410 
Laki

Blah. I want them gone now!! lol I like the ramshorns but I don't want them anymore. I think my friend will take one but that means I have extra ones. Yes, silverfang- you can have them. They're pink and very nice. I love the rams. Don't love the ponds, don't love the egg sacs.
For some reason my baby snails aren't making it to adult hood either. If I had a really large tank with a filter I might keep the rams. But you can have them.

Thanks Sakura! Oliver does pee a lot (all that water) but I don't think he has a problem. You know cats, he goes in right after we clean the box!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese