Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-15-2012, 09:14 PM   #42331 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
I don't think I am meant for marriage. I just can't see myself living with a guy, or rather, having said guy put up with all my embarrassing mannerisms and quirks.

If I do somehow wind up with some guy who absolutely has to marry me or else he'll just die, and I kinda sorta feel the same way too, though who knows, we are going to elope. Maybe in Vegas, or perhaps a beach someplace. No formal stuffy overdone weddings for me. I don't need all that stupid stress.
I thought I would never get married.
I hate overdone weddings. We got some decorations from the Dollar Tree, and set it up ourselves. xD
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:15 PM   #42332 
TheCrabbyTabby

That's what I am trying to say. That person doesn't need to rely on someone else to make them happy. They need to be happy all by themselves. Only when one is truly happy with oneself does their true beauty and personality shine. Others see it and are attracted to it and want to be with that person. Then love may spark.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #42333 
Aahnay

Mo ??? are you selling those fish?
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #42334 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCrabbyTabby View Post
That's what I am trying to say. That person doesn't need to rely on someone else to make them happy. They need to be happy all by themselves. Only when one is truly happy with oneself does their true beauty and personality shine. Others see it and are attracted to it and want to be with that person. Then love may spark.
This. ^^^ +1
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #42335 
Sakura8

I'm such a loner really. In my weak moments, I get all romantic and want a guy but then I realize I can barely stand myself some days, what makes me think someone else could? XD

I have unrealistic expectations of the kind of romance that was in the old Hollywood musicals.

Olympia, I think if you made clear that you were being responsible and not letting the males severely hurt each other, people would eventually come around. DarkMoon17 has done research on keeping bettafish communities and it can be done. It just has to be a big tank and you have to be prepared to separate fish at any given moment.

That said, in my own experiences, my females were way meaner than my males ever could be. They bit all of Stumpy's fins off, barely stopping short of his butt.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:18 PM   #42336 
TheCrabbyTabby

Trust me, I figured that out the hard way. I had to be stubborn and ignore this being said to me over and over again while I longed for a boyfriend. Now I realize how true it is.

How do you like them apples?
Old 07-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #42337 
Laki

lol to all the boy stuff!! I live with my bf :) I was afraid he would never accept my insanity. Turns out he's like minded! And we sing and talk for the animals in silly voices etc...
That's as much as I'll say

Thanks Sakura for putting that in my head about previous injury o.o
I took his food away for the night, added a touch of ACV to his water and earlier gave him the malt stuff.
There are no real plants in my house except my marimo moss. He could not have eaten any plants. Such a mysterious caT!!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #42338 
TheCrabbyTabby

You find my deep insights about finding ones true love through findings one love for one's self AMUSING?!?!?!?

LOL, I kid, I kid. But seriously. What I am saying is all true. That and the "guys are nothing but trouble". Sure, my knight in shining armor might be out there somewhere, but I am not going to mope about not being able to find him. That's just silly.

If he want's to take his sweet time, then so be it. Its his loss that he hasn't found me yet.

Sakura, I have many insecurities brought on by whatever the heck it is that I have. I am overweight, mostly brought on as a side effect of my meds. Before taking them, I was actually thin as a rail, so its been a huge adjustment for me. Some days I am good with how I look, others? Not so much. I suppose I could try and exercise more, but I don't. I am not a very active person. I also don't eat the healthiest either, but I don't think my current diet is too terribly bad.

I also feel insecure about how people think of my behavior. I have anger management issues. I get so boiling mad I do irrational things that I would never do if I were calm and in control.

*sigh*

I could go on, but I don't feel like doing so. Some things are best not said on here.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 07-15-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-15-2012, 09:23 PM   #42339 
Sakura8

If it continues though, I'd at least call the vet and describe the symptoms and the type of vomit. And when he does it. Does he vomit right after eating? Or quite a bit later?

Worse comes to worst, check the expiry dates on all of his food.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:24 PM   #42340 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm not looking for anyone right now. If somethings happens, then what the hay! :p

Sakura, I think you're right. I think as long as I make a lot of notes and note useful and interesting things, it'd be okay. Not like "let's see how long this fight will last!" More like, pre-fighting behavior, is what I'm into. I DO need a project for August after summer school. Dawn told me I should test the effects of formalin on aquatic plants, this sounds more interesting.
I would never let my boys hurt each other badly, that's where I'd draw the line.
Who knows, maybe one day I'll have a fraternity. But probably not, the thought of them unsupervised would torture me. I know OFL's fish took several generations to come around, were Darkmoon's all unrelated males?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese