Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #42861 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Breathing tube!!!
Sakura's infamous otos make an appearance!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #42862 
Sakura8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Gonna give Mocha a bath.. starting to get stinky. She hates water hehe. This should be fun.

I think the thing that made me most annoyed at horses was all those crazy horse people that are like nooo don't slaughter horses boohoo! Like, why is a horse so superior to a cow or pig that we can't slaughter it? pfft.

funny we started talking about horses and now my page is filled with horse ads...
I think people are against the slaughter of horses because of several reasons. One is cows and pigs have no other purpose other than meat. They don't do anything else. But a horse has multiple uses that make it more valuable than a food animal. Secondly, horses are more intelligent than cows and pigs. People don't like to slaughter intelligent animals, especially ones with valuable uses.

EDIT:
That's a breathing tube? I thought they had gills or something, being aquatic. Huh.

And yes, the infamous freeloading otos. They don't even eat algae anymore, just cucumber. -___-
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #42863 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Pigs are considered by many to be the most intelligent animal on the planet after chimps and dolphins..
Pigs can learn to play pong.. O___O PONG! Like, that's high tech stuff.
And cows are the sweetest things ever!
PURPOSE: xDD
Old 07-19-2012, 07:28 PM   #42864 
Sakura8

Pigs may be intelligent but they still can't be trained to pull wagons, plow fields, or balance your checkbook.

Cows are sweet, no denying it, but all they do is produce milk and meat. Steer and oxen are a different matter; haha, as that picture totally proves, oxen have another use beside meat. Although, that doesn't look like a comfortable ride. o.O You might be able to train an ox to be ridden, but a horse is still far superior for that purpose.

EDIT: By the way, I totally love your hair. I wish I had bangs like that.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #42865 
djembekah

wow i never really realized that's what an ox looked like. very regal looking though.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #42866 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I don't know. Meat horses exist. People keep everything as a pet.. I think meat horses should just be left to be meat. That's a historic job of theirs!

Oxen are gorgeous. That's a zebu. And it's actually a very comfy ride, lol. He just didn't care. Not like bull bulls, zebu are sweeties.

ALSO, Sakura, just so you know, there's this new thing heritage/heirloom farmers are doing. PIG PLOWING! Leave the pigs in the field, they plow the field for you. No labor on your part... Really sounds like I'm making it up but I'm not. :p
Old 07-19-2012, 08:03 PM   #42867 
Sakura8

Considering the size of some pigs, I believe it, Olympia. I totally believe it.

Meat horses are one thing, workhorses are another.

Besides, I'd rather have a pretty horse in my barn than a fleshy ox. :) Zebu, or cebu?

EDIT: Think I'm gonna go to the used bookstore. So bored and reading just WWI is depressing. So very depressing. Be back!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:05 PM   #42868 
Aahnay

My pet pig, hamlet, used to get out at night, and then go back into his pen by the am. Only knew he was out because he had some oil on his back. He was the sweetest thing.

Actually, any male cow, can become an ox, and used like a horse. But its true, horses are easier to ride. The thing about cows, is that you can have 3 cow per acre, and only one horse per acre.

So, its cheaper meat to raise a cow, instead of a horse. But really, a lot of people love horse meat.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #42869 
Silverfang

Sakura, that's his/her siphon. Breathing tube for a plain name :P
They do it all the time.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:11 PM   #42870 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Zebu, originating in the areas around India from the Asian subspecies of Aurochs, the modern ancestor of all cattle. The hump on their back is similar to a camel hump, it's a fat reserve for surviving in deserts. They are India's sacred cow. In our modern day and age, we have developed the mini zebu, companion to all who meet it:

And just for kicks here's two shots of Ankole cattle. Obviously from different regions/stocks. Africa's prized cattle generally look like this.

Also, I am a huge cow freak. I love cows. Cows cows cows. Love em all. Belgian blues, highlands, belted galloways. They all so special and WONDERFUL.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese