Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 PM   #43211 
Aahnay

Oh Sakura, sorry to hear that. Mine never hide very far away. So maybe it is just 'over there ' sleeping? Best wishes.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:56 PM   #43212 
bettasareawesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Is it true you never forget how to ride a bike? Going to be test-riding a bike soon, haven't ridden one since I was maybe 16. Hope I don't make a fool of myself. Again.

My cat is missing. :( She's old and I'm afraid she went off to die. :( I'm really worried about her.
I'm so sorry to hear that. I really hope you find your cat.
bettasareawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:05 PM   #43213 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Aw Sakura, poor kitty. :( I hope she comes home.

Do you guys think if I posted an ad on kijiji offering to teach people how to take care of their betta, that I'd get replies? o.o Just like an offer advice via email thing?
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:11 PM   #43214 
Aahnay

Hmmmm, do you get paid? If you enjoy helping, Id try it. I dont know what that place is though. I used to love to code web sites, and used to help people on ebay with their sites, etc. Once i connected to a womans pc in new jersey, to teach her how to use her pc.

Lol, or fix mistakes she had made. It was fun. One time she was tired and just went to bed... I kept asking if she was learning.. no answer, lol. Next day she said she was sorry, she was just too tired. It was a lot of fun, i met a lot of people i never would have.

Last edited by Aahnay; 07-24-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:15 PM   #43215 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

OH! It's like craigslist but Canadian.
Yea I wanna see if I can save some betta without buying them from stores. Just teach anyone willing how to take better care of the fish.

Reading the handmaid's tale. What a crazy book.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #43216 
Aahnay

Oh, i see, yep go do it! NOW hehe I thought of creating a document to print out and put in walmart, for betta fish care. But i dont think they would allow it, because they would have to change their ways.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:24 PM   #43217 
Aahnay

well, heck, im so bored.. I hope she finds her cat. Im going to go get into trouble now....... ............ :)
Old 07-24-2012, 06:59 PM   #43218 
Sakura8

I'm really having such an awful day. If it ends without me arrested for fratricide, I'll be surprised. I could truly strangle my brother.

Good news: I finally found my cat.

The story: Because she was hiding and because she hasn't been eating, I want to take her to the vet. While we're scheduling appts, one of them is at 6:30AM but my dad won't be home. I said my brother, who is visiting from NYC, could drive.

His responses: "I'm not getting up then. It's just a cat. It's none of my business."

I should point out my brother is the walking epitome of self-absorbed. Everyone bends over backward to accomodate him but clearly, he has no interest in helping his own family out. If I could say how much everyone else does for him . . . but help US out? Noooooo. And yet, despite his less than familial attitude, my parents laud him to the stars and brag about his many accomplishments. People throw parties when he comes home and want to know all about what he does. But he treats us like strangers. He's much too busy doing important things to make time to call or e-mail. Even when he comes home, he doesn't sit and talk with us. He goes out to concerts or movies or to see friends.

I finally lost it. I started yelling at him, even said the F word (I have only seriously said it once before in my life) and then stormed out. I did get a contrite apology but I don't think anything has changed. Nothing will. Nothing ever does. No one except me ever bothers to tell him he's a jerk, not even my parents. It's like they're afraid to actually, y'know, parent him. I mean, I know he's almost 36 but you're still his parents for crying out loud.

You know back in Nov. 2011, when I finally met his mentor in NYC? I said "I've heard so much about you! I'm Brock's sister." and the man replied "Really? He never says anything about you." True story. :(

Anyway, sorry. I don't have anywhere else to unload this. I can't even put it on facebook because his partner is one of my friends and would read it.

I just really . . . . I don't know.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #43219 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm sorry, Sakura. Family members can be a pain in the ...uh... hind end.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:41 PM   #43220 
Silverfang

*hug* sorry you're having such a rough time.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese