Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #43341 
Aahnay

Oh lord... good bye Fabio. Call the vet, and ask.

Neil, did it take long for you to train it? I had one several years ago, It worked sometimes, but i just gave up on it, it was slow. Came with a great mic though.

I think i need a snail for george, but i dont know what to get him. I have algae on my plants now, and ummm, well i scrubbed em with a paper towel! hahaha.

I dont remember my aquarium plants dropping so many pieces to clean up. But god its been like 40 years, so who knows. My betta leaves came today, and she added some banana leaves too.

I have frozen brine, and george gobbled it up, i had to get a lot out as i put too much in. Ill try to teach him to take it from a tiny syringe.

George cracks me up. He searches hi and low for food, then, when he sees some, he goes to it, and stops, and kinda does a curl and flares at it for a bit. Then he snarfs it up, and spits it out.

The cats still scare him, but hes not afraid of me, and he likes the overflow from the filter. He stopped using his leaf, not sure why, but did start some bubbles above it? Just about a quarter size.

Call the vet.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #43342 
Neil D

Train the dictation? I didn't have to.
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:42 PM   #43343 
Sakura8

I know you have to train Dragon Naturally Speaking. I feel silly talking to my computer. Says the girl who talks to fish and cats.

Thanks, Aahnay. That's sweet of you. If the vet doesn't call by 5PM, I'll call the office.

Snail for algae: nerite. It stays small and won't breed.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:04 PM   #43344 
FishyFishy89

I love watching Spike hunt for his thawed brine shrimp and blood worms.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #43345 
Aahnay

Nerite, thank you. jUst one?

Yeah i had to train mine, but it was like .... 1999, i think. Hmm, wonder if there are any updates for it, LOLOLOL.

Yeah its much diff talking to yourself, or your pets and then to your computer. And you have to have it pretty quiet, well i did. That was difficult.

It 4:45, almost the hottest part of the day, im ready to go sit in the freezer. I made the mistake of micro some chicken, and steamed up the place.. uck! But the chicken was good.

It is fun watching them hunt. I sit in the am, turn his moon to sun, and feed him and watch him as I wake up. Im not an am person, but in this heat need to get up early to get anything done. =) My dog is now jealous of him. She rolls over begging for tummy rubs.

Last edited by Aahnay; 07-26-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:47 PM   #43346 
djembekah

oh no, Fabio! :( i'm hopeful for your other babies.
I do know baby rabbit snails like to hide. it actually took me a little bit longer than i thought to find all the snails for you, Sakura! they sometimes come out and just climb the glass.

yeah i put Nom the zebra nerite into Swish's 3 gallon for the algae. I think it's got a little bit of a mini cycle going on, or something- idk, no live plants in there! but the snail is going nuts and eating all he can. i love snails
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #43347 
Mo

My fry are now 20 days old! :)
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:32 PM   #43348 
Sakura8

Aahnay, yeah, just one nerite will do the job. They're great for sucking algae off things.

Vet says bloodwork negative. That's great but it doesn't answer the question of WHY she's acting off so we're probably going to do an ultrasound and a dental exam, all of which she has to be anaethesized for because she's such a demoncat.

She's sulking in the closet again.

Congrats, Mo!
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:47 PM   #43349 
djembekah

yay for babies!

my eye has been twitching for more than a week. whaaat is happening
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:48 PM   #43350 
dramaqueen
Banned

I read that as she's such a democrat. Lol
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese