Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-27-2012, 10:18 PM   #43431 
Aahnay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfang View Post
yea, have to download the platform from sun/oracle...

I much prefer oracle and SQL coding to java coding
Yes! I loved sql, omg i forgot all about sql! OH i miss it so much. Java was a pain, with all its little pieces, lol. My favorite was machine, the pascal. But nobody used pascal. Machine was only used for dumps now and then.

I dont really remember any of it any more. Well I can make a site, and code a little here or there. The first year I worked at boeing, I learned like 8 new languages, or I should say boeings way with some. I enjoyed it, but I was happy to stop learning new languages and get on to the jobs at hand.

Some like cobol 1&2 and cics were just repeats. sorry, im blahblahblahing. I just loved it soooo much.. I was addicted. databases were my fav. I was looking into a new one, rose, no ruby, a few years back to help out some people. Have you tried that? you can get free downloads too.
Aahnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 PM   #43432 
thekinetic

My little mystery snail is getting huge! O.O For that matter my king betta is too. ^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #43433 
Aahnay

hahaha, great. But what are mystery snails? and pics pics pics Did you do your drawing? I love it.

ohp, i looked it up, i thought they were mystery snails, meaning you just got them from various places or they hitched a ride and just showed up. But they are a real breed. Cool.

Last edited by Aahnay; 07-27-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:38 PM   #43434 
Tikibirds

They are similar to apple snails
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #43435 
Aahnay

Yeah, the search i did said, some people say apple snails are mystery snails too. I dont know what they look like either. I enjoy snails a lot. they remind me of slugs.

Ill have to read about snails next.... in my spare time.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:00 PM   #43436 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Apple snails are kind of illegal, in the states at least lol. It's two species but they are really the same thing.

Assignment due today. Submits at 11:57pm. Ugh. >__>
Life of Pi, why you no like me!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:05 PM   #43437 
TheCrabbyTabby

Mystery snails are a species of apple snail. They are pomacea bridgsii (diffusa). The species that you are talking about, the one which is illegal, is a close relative of the mystery snail, known as pomacea canaliculata, or the channel apple snail.

The most obvious difference in these two closely related species is of course, size. Channeled apple snails are much much larger when fully grown, about the size of a tennis ball or apple. The mystery snail is about the size of a golf ball when fully grown. There are other other, more subtle differences as well, such as the difference in shell structure and shape.

Here is visual aide to the more subtle differences:

Quote:
Originally Posted by applesnail.net

Pomacea diffusa): flat shoulders and 90° sutures (scalariform).
The flat shoulder, however, becomes less apparent in the last whorls of the shell.
Pomacea bridgesii is not known to be available in the aquarium trade.

Pomacea canaliculata and Pomacea insularum: indented sutures, less than 90°angle.
This shell is more globose (rounder) than the Pomacea diffusa shell.

Pomacea paludosa: Almost flat sutures with an over 90° angle, which gives the snail a cone shaped shell top (spine).

Pomacea haustrum and Pomacea insularum: Deeply indented sutures with a sharp shoulders.

Last edited by TheCrabbyTabby; 07-27-2012 at 11:13 PM.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #43438 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I thought they were just in the same genus, not one is a species of the other? :s

Hahaha I sent a message to my English teacher. Pi ate hawksbill turtle meat in the novel. I told him Pi should be dead by now. A weakened emaciated 16 year old would not live through eating even one of those turtles. I wonder how he'll take the news. >:D
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:18 PM   #43439 
TheCrabbyTabby

They are both of the family ampullaridae. That is the latin name for the family of Apple Snails. So they belong to the same family, but different genera.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #43440 
Yuuie

yay back for a rather long coffee that lead to learning that her daughter in laws stroller does not fit in my trunk and she put some gas in my car for going to the other places we went to today.
Yuuie is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese