Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 03:02 PM   #43601 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yes, it's awesome! And we'll be congo tetra buddies!
On my thread someone posted an 8 minute battle of congo tetra vs African knife. o.o but they said the combo is okay. Semi aggressive tank I guess.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:06 PM   #43602 
Sakura8

You have plenty of experience to deal with a semi-aggressive tank. :) You're no beginner.

Haha, your congos will grow to their proper size of 3" and mine will stay at half that because for some reason, fish don't grow in my care. o.O
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:07 PM   #43603 
gossipgirl1031

Hi everyone!

Sakura-I'm SO excited about Zenny & Rachel's foals! Did you hear they named Rachel's? I know the name. To the best of my knowledge, Z12 is still unnamed. Both are handsome boys. And Rachel's next foal's sire is Curlin. Z12 & the new foal will be half-siblings.

I have a new "baby" too. The teeniest little thing ever! His name is Auggie. I'll try & get some pics of him posted soon. Just when I had found new homes for some of my others, I've gotta break back out the baby supplies.

Also, my mom is now officially on the transplant list for a new kidney. If anyone is religious or whatever, positive thoughts/energy/prayers are appreciated. She has a rare blood type & I'm not a match to donate. Please anyone who can, remember to sign up to sign the back of your license. One way everyone can help save a life :)
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:08 PM   #43604 
gossipgirl1031

12Z-sorry ;) I always get it backwards.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:11 PM   #43605 
gossipgirl1031

LOTS of issues surrounding this year's Triple Crown. As much as I was looking forward to a TC winner, I was happy to see Union Rags win it for Michael Matz. I know how much he compared that colt to Barbaro. I was sorry to see that he's out for the rest of the year & about I'll Have Another's injury & retirement. And then he was sold to someone in Japan to stand at stud.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:12 PM   #43606 
Sakura8

Jenn, no I didn't hear what htey named Rachel's foal. Tell me, tell me! I follow Zenny more closely than Rachel.

I will definitely pray for your mom. My mother had a kidney transplant almost 16 years ago and she is doing well (considering she has had type 1 diabetes for over 40 years). Neither my brother nor my dad were matches but a very close family friend WAS so keep up hope!

How's Jack doing?

EDIT: Yeah, I was really happy about Union Rags. He deserved to win. It wasn't his fault he kept having bad trips. And I really respect Michael Matz as a trainer.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:17 PM   #43607 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Wow! Gossipgirl that's great for your mom!
I have that blood type everyone wants (O negative I think) and I'm old enough to donate but I'm soo scared! But I think I should do it!

Haha I really did not want the Congo tetra actually, but I really wanted a school for the tank. Non cichlid African is probably the hardest biotope to do since Africa is a war zone and no one wants to go fish hunting there. I think if I give everyone better cover it may work out well. Jaysee (the one who helped me choose fish) also has a bichir in his 75, I don't know if I want that. O.O Especially with my Kribensis which might get eaten by it.
Do your congos eat plants Sakura? Jaysee said his ate every plant he put it! :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2012, 03:19 PM   #43608 
Sakura8

The only plants in there are floating water sprite and some crypto parva still in their pots. So far as I can tell, they haven't touched them. I believe congos will really only eat plants if they aren't getting enough plant matter in their diets. Since mine get spirulina brine shrimp every day, maybe that's why they ignore the plants?

EDIT: I'm too skinny to donate blood. Seriously. You have to be 100 lbs here and I'm somewhere around 92-95.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:25 PM   #43609 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

That's what I was thinking actually. Just supplement with something planty. Wisteria is really soft so they would have eaten it if they could.

Also looks like I'm stuck with some synodontis cat for catfish. Upside down cats are $6.99 for babies, and I want a school of 6, but that's expensive so I may cut down to 4 and then grow out a couple later down the road. They are schooling catfish, weirdoes. There's like no other African catfish. (Sparky is from Africa!) The lady knew a lot about fish (she knew what a ctenopoma was!) and said I'm limited to synos, but she'll watch for anything that'll stay under 7" for me.
The African featherfin is another synodontis that gets big I think and I'd only need one too, so that's an option. But I was hoping for long and squishy like Sparky. :(
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2012, 03:29 PM   #43610 
Sakura8

I'll check my fish profile books too but yeah, there aren't a whole lot of African catfish. And long and squishy ones are rare. :D *huggles Sparky* *ZZZTTT*

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese