Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #43611 
gossipgirl1031

Thanks everyone! My mom's A-. I'm O+. I would have been a living donor for her, but I'm not a good match. So we wait. It's kinda become my new campaign. Especially being in school to work in surgery.

That's good to hear about your mom Sakura! My mom's 57 & other than the kidney thing, in good health. Rachel & Curlin's first foal's name is Jess's Dream. No news on 12Z's official name. Jack's doing pretty good (fingers crossed). He's lost some weight & is a lot more mobile these days. Back to actively playing with toys and we haven't had to visit the vet since over the winter. I hope he stays healthy. How are your pets?

Olympia-It's okay, I was scared to look into the donor process too. I'm well of age (30), but wrong blood type. And yes, your blood type makes you the "universal donor".

I was so happy for Michael Matz too. Great guy (plane crash survivor who helped rescue others) and wonderful trainer. He seems to really care about the horses and not just the money. I followed Barbaro's story the whole way through & was crushed when his time was up. Such a fighter!
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:33 PM   #43612 
Sakura8

I remember when Michael Matz carried the Olympic flag at the 1996 Atlanta games. He's a really awesome guy.

I'm really glad Jack is doing well. All of my pets are doing well, except for one of my older kitties. She was just diagnosed with a high thyroid problem so we're going into the vet tomorrow for more tests.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #43613 
betaguy

why call zenyatta's foal 12z?
betaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #43614 
Sakura8

On the blog and facebook, he's mostly called Little Z.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #43615 
gossipgirl1031

Aww-poor kitty. I think, at least that's manageable with medication. I'll be sending positive thoughts/energy your way. Let me know how things go with the vet. I should be on a lot more right now (because of little Auggie) and & done with school for a few weeks.

Thanks about Jack. He's taking a good nap (and snoring) right now.

I forgot I'm supposed to go to my friend's house tonight to work on Christmas cards (yes, in July). We both do Stampin Up & decided to make ALL of our own Christmas cards this year. Since we both are students and dance together, we're trying to get them done before the new "year" starts for dance and school. I need to take a shower, but I'll be back on later (probably pretty late). Maybe with an Auggie pic ;)
Old 07-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #43616 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh Sakura was that the cat that ran away and was hiding? :(

The blood donation clincic is right beside my fish store so it slaps me in the face everytime I walk by. xD
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #43617 
gossipgirl1031

Betaguy-from what I've read, the 12 is for the year the foal was born and the "Z" is for the first letter of mom's name. Boring, but I guess it works. They haven't really said on the blog what his nickname is yet.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #43618 
gossipgirl1031

Little Z sounds right though. Even though he's not so little anymore ;)
Old 07-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #43619 
Sakura8

Olympia, yeah, that's her. We finally found her and she's been under house arrest since. Not happy about it. :(

Swallowtail catfish (also called Debauwi) cats are beautiful but they only get 3". Too small? I saw them at my LFS, they're very graceful.

http://www.azgardens.com/p-1202-swal...l-catfish.aspx

Have fun with the cards, Jenn! :D
Old 07-30-2012, 03:45 PM   #43620 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I like Debauwi but they are midswimmers. Actually they were going to be my school but I chose congos first. If I ever see them around here later on I'd probably get a few though.
3" isn't too small, that's the minimum size though, 2" or less fish could be eaten by the ctenopoma (and I imagine the knife would try also)
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese