Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 06:22 PM   #43631 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yay LFS!
That's weird!
My parents are both O negative, but they can't donate because they had.. uhhh.. I think meningitis? Something that now they can't donate blood. WAIT not meningitis, ugh no, I don't know I just know that in Canada it's something that they vaccinate you against while back in Poland they didn't.

Also, YAY my changes to the bumblebee goby profile were accepted on TFK!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:30 PM   #43632 
Laki

Hi guys! Back in Newfoundland T-T

I think I'm A something with my blood. I've donated a few times but when they have the clinics at school I'm always low in iron.
Both my fish are bloated! Mom fed them while I was in Halifax and now they'll need to fast tomorrow (since she said they weren't fed today and they have such round bellies!)..It's a wonder her fish is still alive.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #43633 
FishyFishy89

Do plecos eat live plants?
I just saw mine clinging to my anacharis.
FishyFishy89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:33 PM   #43634 
kfryman

FishyFishy what size is the tank and how much food do you provide for the pleco? I don't believe they do, but I have never owned them, Olympia might know though.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:35 PM   #43635 
djembekah

idk but mine was clinging to my sword the other day. he might have been eating algae off of it?

ugh i couldn't fall asleep last night again. slept like 430 to 1230. still plenty of sleep but i feel extremely craptastic.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 06:39 PM   #43636 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
FishyFishy what size is the tank and how much food do you provide for the pleco? I don't believe they do, but I have never owned them, Olympia might know though.
Hes in Spike's 5.5 with a TON of anacharis. There usually is quite a bit of algae on the decor and walls. I have tablets to give him once I haven't seen any algae grow back. The tank has been pretty clean lately. Not entirely sure on how much to feed once that comes. Was thinkn once a week?

ETA: did some googling and found out Common Plecos do in fact eat plants. Now, what to replace him with that WONT eat my plants? :P

Last edited by FishyFishy89; 07-30-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:46 PM   #43637 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

They eat plants? o-o He must be starved if he's doing that.
"When young it naturally feeds on algae, crustaceans, insects, small worms. As it matures it eats less and less algae. In the aquarium, it accepts most prepared sinking foods; algae/spirulina/kelp foods should be included. Frozen bloodworms, shrimp; live worms, insect larvae, brine shrimp. Vegetable matter such as zucchini, yam, cucumber may be offered."

Usually by the time commons are full grown they're more carnivores than vegetarians.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:58 PM   #43638 
Silverfang

wonder if bristlenose will enjoy the carnivorous noms. Shame, he'll have to go after the baby ponds, guessing trumpets are too hard. I toss in a wafer every other day but the snails crawl over it. I should use this as a way to thin out the population.
Silverfang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #43639 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I think the bristlenose family stays an algae eater it's whole life actually, Silver. Not to say they won't enjoy something meaty!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:13 PM   #43640 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
They eat plants? o-o He must be starved if he's doing that.
"When young it naturally feeds on algae, crustaceans, insects, small worms. As it matures it eats less and less algae. In the aquarium, it accepts most prepared sinking foods; algae/spirulina/kelp foods should be included. Frozen bloodworms, shrimp; live worms, insect larvae, brine shrimp. Vegetable matter such as zucchini, yam, cucumber may be offered."

Usually by the time commons are full grown they're more carnivores than vegetarians.
Well he's a tiny one. I popped in a wafer for him. Right next to him. So hopefully he'll get interested in it.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese