Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-30-2012, 06:52 PM   #43641 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

SO I told the guy my tank is a 75 gallon and he was like "no I'm pretty sure it's 90." So I remeasured, and YES it is 90.

I'm thinking of a bichir now, or more cichlids. Waiting for a reply on that on the other forum. Probably won't want the bichir if it could eat the kribensis, but not sure yet. I love kribs, but I love oddballs. xD
Also, going to try and find a second schooling fish, probably Debauwi, if the LFS can get em.

GTG clean the tank now guys! The silicon is weak in one place so I'm going to reseal it to be safe!
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:41 PM   #43642 
Sakura8

Bichirs can get aggressive and will bite human hands.

Advice at LFS: rip plants out, soak in bleach. Remove fish, tear down tank. -____- Greaaaaat. So if I'm going to rip it out anyway, why should I bother to redo it? "Planted tanks are hard, they crash all the time," says the LFS guy. UGH.

Solution to the snail problem: Try a loach. -____-
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #43643 
FishyFishy89

Spike just ate the darn tablet! His belly is so huge!
Good thing tomorrow is his fasting day. I'm uber worried tho :'(
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #43644 
Neil D

My ryukin, Kin, died. I'm actually not 101% sure if he's dead, but 99.9. I'll leave him in his QT overnight to be sure. I'll miss you buddy!
Neil D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #43645 
Sakura8

I'm sorry, Neil. :(

Fishy, what a piggy fishy Spike is! If he looks too bloated or big, you can always QT him and put him in epsom salt, 1 tsp per gallon.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #43646 
Silverfang

who wants to see the sorority? the plants are growing like weeds!

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=109131

Eeep.. Neil *hug*
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:57 PM   #43647 
Laki

Betta boys all clean! Had their bath lol
Driftwood looks great back in with Bowser, little tiny bubbles are slowly coming off it and rising, it looks so peaceful! They had such nasty smelly dirty tanks from my vacay -_- Don't know how much they were fed either which is a little bad since now they must fast. Poor buggers.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 PM   #43648 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Planted tanks don't crash! :p gosh.
Bichir BITE? As a person who wants to hand feed that's the last thing I want, those things probably have teeth. I can take a bite from a toothless catfish, or the ctenopoma.. Knives don't have teeth do they? But bichir! Nope!
Darn really was hoping I could get oddball #3 in there! Maybe I'll do 2 species of syno, aand Debauwi if I find some.

Cleaned the glass of it today. Tomorrow I'm going to reseal all the sides because they're peeling.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #43649 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Bichirs can get aggressive and will bite human hands.

Advice at LFS: rip plants out, soak in bleach. Remove fish, tear down tank. -____- Greaaaaat. So if I'm going to rip it out anyway, why should I bother to redo it? "Planted tanks are hard, they crash all the time," says the LFS guy. UGH.

Solution to the snail problem: Try a loach. -____-
Ah! That reminds me of Pacman toads, who will bite anything, have teeth, and will even swallow another one of their kind. However, they are adorable, and I still want one.

Secondly.. DUDE, 90G? Wow.

Thirdly, the hubby and I just cleaned all the fish tanks AND changed the toad substrate in a day. Since we moved the common toads to a larger tank, I have two empty 10g (: Any ideas on the best way to sanitize one for fish (the other will be a quarantine)? Even though I need to stop buying them. xD I'll either get fishies or Fire-bellied toads.

Fourthly, I must say I don't believe what they say about Bumblebee toads being good climbers. Kirk kept climbing and falling off of everything (not from very high, of course); it was cute. But then again, ours are really chubby so that may be why. xD
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #43650 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

90 gallons and I chose the worst possible continent to represent! Fish are big, mean and hard to come by in stores!
I MAY get a bichir still. I'm going to see what jaysee says about ropefish.. They do get 36" long but.. hehe I don't know, maybe it'll fit even though seriously fish says they need a 60" long tank.

Tags
0_o, banana !!, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese