Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #43691 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Tiki I don't think it's a good idea... It's a product that's thought to cause physical deformities in people and is being banned from use in children's toys, nail polish.. etc...

Either way, on wikipedia at least it says that it's only good for treating external parasites... Doesn't add up to what they're claiming..

I think praziquentel is a better option. Or, metronidazole.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 07:59 PM   #43692 
Tikibirds

I have the anti parasite pellets by jungle but neither of them will eat it. I also tried making my own food by soaking pellets in water with one of jungle's fizzy tabs but it did not work for derpy and I am out of them so I cant try it on senior shrooms.

The banning thing doesn't worry that much- most fish meds seem to have some kind of a warning. Malachite green says it causes cancer and so did some other one - furan 2 I think also came with the "this has been show to cause cancer in the state of california" warning.

Are there any for internal parasites that are not in food form - that I can put directly into the water and are for fish? I can get panacur but it's for a freakin horse

Derpy is getting some kind of spine deformity but he is also getting very skinny and looks miserable. Shrooms looks like he swallowed a fish sized bowling ball and has long stringy poops in white and brown.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 07-31-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:13 PM   #43693 
djembekah

oh my gosh poor sweet Derpy :(
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #43694 
Sakura8

Tiki, Derpy either has severe parasites or uhm, fish TB. :( At this point, definitely try not to cross-contaminate with your other fish just in case it is TB.

Levamisol is actually one of the few medications that IS effective for camallanus worms so that drug's statement is wrong.

What you need to make medicated food is Seachem Metro or Hikari HealthAid Metro. You can order them from online. Try amazon first. If not, try kensfish.com. Shipping on kensfish will bankrupt you, though. While you're at it, pick up some Seachem Kanaplex.

Anju most likely has a tumor and now it looks like Winnie has one too. :( Two of my three original sorority girls and they're all bloaty but only right under the ventrals, where tumors usually form.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:43 PM   #43695 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Why have everyone's fish been getting sick lately?
Old 07-31-2012, 08:47 PM   #43696 
djembekah

i think i'm just paranoid. but my tank looks cloudy, and Cinderella's behavior has changed significantly imo. so now she's in epsom...i haven't had to deal with really sick critters thankfully
Old 07-31-2012, 08:49 PM   #43697 
eaturbyfill

There's a 75g on craigslist with everything, even a stand. I hope they haven't sold it yet.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:52 PM   #43698 
djembekah

are you going to buy it!
Old 07-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #43699 
eaturbyfill

Yeah, if it's still up for grabs! My goldfish needs a bigger home so she doesn't get stunted. A tank and stand new is $435 at my LPS and they are selling one with even more stuff for $150, which is just in our price range!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 08:57 PM   #43700 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hehehehe do it! So many possibilities! I was gonna do an angel fish tank before I settled on the African tank.

Oh, wait, for the goldie! Yes take care of him first, sorry!

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese