Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-31-2012, 11:45 PM   #43741 
Tikibirds

wait - so it's just metro-whatever in powder form?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Seachem-Metr...item43af0db9f5

Quote:
*Can be combined with Furan 2 & Kanaplex for parasitic, fungal, & bacterial infections; this duplicates the popular Aquatronics product “Paragon 2” that is no longer available.
*For in Tank Use; Use 1-2 level measures (included) to every 40 L (10 gallons). Repeat every other day until symptoms disappear.
Turn off UV while using.
*To prepare medicated fish food with flake, FD, or frozen fish food using Metronidazole; Use One Measure (2-5 gallon "in tank" dose) of Metronidazole per 15 minute fish food soaking for an average 60 gallon bio load aquarium (I use "just enough" water to mix fish food and Metronidazole).
After soak, pour entire contents into aquarium.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:47 PM   #43742 
TheCrabbyTabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Olympics are on, I'm off! Be back later, maybe. :D
Well, Phelps made Olympic history yet again. He is the worlds most decorated Olympian, meaning he's won more medals than anyone ever did, and probably ever will.

Oh, and the US won gold in the woman's team gymnastics. Not as memorable as the 1996 Olympics, where Kerri Strug won the gold for the US by vaulting on a broken ankle and sticking the landing, thus ending the 60 year reign of the Russians. But meh, its a gold none the less.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:18 AM   #43743 
gossipgirl1031

The Olympics were AWESOME tonight!! So proud of Team USA!!
gossipgirl1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:24 AM   #43744 
eaturbyfill

I bought an Aqueon mini heater for one of my Bettas today, but I just read a couple of reviews that said it heated the tank to 90F :/ Does anyone have experience with the brand or have any advice? I'm afraid to leave it on overnight.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:49 AM   #43745 
Tikibirds

dear idiots on amazon and ebay:

it does not cost $10 to ship 5 grams of medicated powder through the mail

Quote:
. Soak food in Garlic Guard before feeding. For enhanced effectiveness against Ich and other parasites use Seachem's Focus and Metronidazole as follows: Add 1 measure of Metronidazole to 1 measure of Focus per tablespoon of frozen food. Completely soak this food mix in Garlic Guard, refrigerate, and feed once or twice daily for 1-2 weeks.
DO what now....?

Have any of you used garlic guard? If it entices the fish to eat the food as it claims, maybe they will eat jungle's parasite pellets if its soaked in this stuff...

Last edited by Tikibirds; 08-01-2012 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #43746 
Silverfang

I don't get it? do I have fish tb lurking in all my tanks? Or is it Mycobacteriosis? Princess is pineconing and has her fins rotting off, despite the clean water.

Champagne is lethargic, lumpy looking, has a swollen swim bladder, and pale. Not to mention his gill plate being stuck open.

They all seem to get fat and tumory... am I cursed?

Sigh, guess I gotta find money and install a UV sterilizer, I've heard good things. Perhaps I can keep my sorority safe after all.

Last edited by Silverfang; 08-01-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:16 AM   #43747 
Tikibirds

silver - i think our fish came from the same breeder....

should I be concerned that the newest in the soriety stays at the bottom? not like - laying there lethargic or anything - she just swims mostly near the bottom. Is it to avoid the bigger girls? I am not seeing much agression- just the occasional chasing and flaring from the king of the soerity.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 08-01-2012 at 01:20 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:24 AM   #43748 
Silverfang

well one of my most active girls loves her corner in the bottom of the sorority. I think she is just having fun in there. I know she's bitten at a bit of the soil, like she was rooting for food, of I'm sure I've seen belly marks in the sand.

And another girl like the bottom other corner. Does she come for food? Look stressed? Injured?
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:35 AM   #43749 
Tikibirds

yup, she darts up as soon as she knows there's food around. I usually have to shoo away the adult girls and male. What worries me a little is her tummy is a bit rounder then it should be. Not sure if there is a problem or she is snacking on the algae tabs I drop in there for the snails. I think she was kinda roundish when I got her from walmart though....

I tok new pics yesterday..i should upload them

EDIT: can she have parasites too or she just eat too much?

Last edited by Tikibirds; 08-01-2012 at 01:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2012, 02:27 AM   #43750 
Tikibirds

I dislike the 20 min editing time frame

anyways moved stuff around, i think it looks nicer now

can you spot the snail above??

AND WHY IS IT SO HUMID? IT NOT EVEN THAT HOT OUT ONLY LIKE 60 *WAILS*

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese