Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 AM   #43751 
TheCrabbyTabby

Ooh, ooh, I see the snail. Its that large looking shell thing in between the Buddha head and the pointed rocks to the right. Blends right into the scenery.

Nice camouflage snail dude.

Do I win something for spotting the snail first?
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:40 AM   #43752 
djembekah

dat snail tiki
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:11 AM   #43753 
Sakura8

Tiki,

I use Garlic Guard. It really makes using garlic in food a heckuva lot easier. Another good place to look for meds is aquabid, in the medication section.

Fish TB can actually linger for quite a while. They just get thinner and thinner and waste away while at the same time, granulomas form inside their bodies, often along the spinal column. Some of these granulomas get so big that it causes the spine to collapse, thus the characteristic spinal deformities of TB. Unfortunately, a lot of other diseases, including parasites and chronic columnaris, can imitate the symptoms of TB. The only real way to know is to euthanize the fish and do a necropsy. :(

I'm ambivalent about Phelps. Sure he's great but the ego of him and his mother sometimes annoys me. As for the women's gymnastics, I like this squad better because it's much more multicultural. An African-American, an Asian, and I think Raisman is of Jewish and/or Eastern European descent. I like that. I did get a bit tired of them harping continuously about Jordan Weiber not making it into the all-around. She lost the spot fair and square and also, it's not like she can't conceiveably try again in Rio De Janeiro.

I do, however, feel that the British men in gymnastics were robbed of a silver.

Gonna go to bed and hope my sorority is unclamped by morning. Did the water change, what's wrong, girls? Why?!?
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #43754 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Oh my gosh Tiki I love that planted tank! Is that your 20?
I pulled out a lot of hornwort from Reuben's section. He couldn't really move with it. I threw it in the 20 and now the 20 is crowded. xD

Also I got a little Venus fly trap! He's adorable, I put him beside Pip. I hope the desk lamp that's growing my aquatic plants will help it too.
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:27 AM   #43755 
TheCrabbyTabby

I have a venus fly trap too. Its currently in the peat moss planter with the purple pitcher plant. Venus fly traps grow best in peat moss, with distilled or rain water. Luckily, both plants are native to my state, so they can stay outside.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #43756 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Yes I know how to take care of it now. Last time I spent $10 on a pair and didn't though. xD
It's so small! 2.5" pot, and it cost $8! I know they grow really slow, but they used to be cheaper! I got 2 for $10 last year!
Posted via Mobile Device
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #43757 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
I bought an Aqueon mini heater for one of my Bettas today, but I just read a couple of reviews that said it heated the tank to 90F :/ Does anyone have experience with the brand or have any advice? I'm afraid to leave it on overnight.
phhhht, I've BEEN using an aqueon mini straight since February. Never a problem. I never take it out of water (unless it's unplugged for 20-30 minutes) so maybe mine is just awesome?
I'm hungry..Regatta is today. I'll send pics later (since this year I have a camera)

What else.. Oh yes. My dog Coco came into my life 15 years ago today. He is eating timbits on the bridge and running after little squirrels. I love him, I always will. Never be another dog like him <3 I dream about him pretty regularly, always in the dreams we're playing or running. He used to like that a lot. I'll have to eat a special treat today (he liked Reese pb cups )
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #43758 
eaturbyfill

I used to have a Venus flytrap for a few months.. and then it died. v.v
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:10 PM   #43759 
Yuuie

morning all had to reset my email password dismorning think i might have been hacked or something someone was trying to send something and i got those deleverly notices saying they failed to send so ack.
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #43760 
eaturbyfill

Would it be okay to put a fancy with Comet since it won't grow as big?
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese