Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-02-2012, 08:06 AM   #43801 
Silverfang

:( lost Champagne last night as well, when I woke up yesterday he had fuzz attacking his fins... but I think it was his over extended gill that did him in.

Leaves me with Tango and Shelly for boys.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:17 AM   #43802 
TheCrabbyTabby

Uggg. Sick. Bleh.
TheCrabbyTabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:57 AM   #43803 
Silverfang

Today is starting out as a miserable day.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #43804 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
You're kidding me! I go get a tank and then someone on here says even 75 isn't enough! It's the best I can do.

For which fish? Remember that 99.9% of the time fish will NEVER grow to their supposed size in captivity. Also a 75g is a huge tank, I know my dad had one (had to reinforce the floor joists so it wouldn't crack it), so unless you're keeping anything larger than jack dempseys or oscars it'll be fine.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:02 AM   #43805 
Laki

Noooo Silver! Sorry to hear about Peach and CHampagne :(

This dog is nice :) She woke me up at 7am though to go piddles and poop... Don't know why she couldn't just poop yesterday T-T

Bekah that pie... mmm. I laughed out loud about the weaving. I'd totally strip it like that too! lol

Reminds me.. I need to go blueberry picking...
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #43806 
Sakura8

Laki, reminds me of why I like cats. They help themselves to the litter box. :D

I'm so sorry, Silver. You had a rough day already. :( *hugs*

75 gal doesn't seem too small to me as long as the fish you intend to put into it isn't already humongous. I mean, I could see it being a problem if you wanted to put a 4 foot sturgeon into it but we're talking a less than half-grown comet here. Tank sizes will always be controversial.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 10:35 AM   #43807 
thekinetic

Seeing as how jack dempseys get 12"+ and can be kept in a 55g, I don't think a 75g for a comet would be anywhere near bad.

Ugh I'm having a hard time trying to come to a decision on whether to go get some kind of new critter (which has a sub decision in itself between a new fish set up or a furball) or a new gun for my asrsenal...er collection.

They are all unnecessary, all pricey to get, and all would bring me much joy. Well I decided against brackish and would go with a community tank with guppies as a base fish. The fur ball would be a teddy bear hamster (my favorite kind ^_^). And the gun is a Russian made mosin nagant, which is a WWI & II bolt action 7.62mm. Just so yall know what I'm thinking.

>.<*headache*
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:25 AM   #43808 
dramaqueen
Banned

I slept until noon. I went to bed around 1:30 last night. I don't know why I sleep so much.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:42 AM   #43809 
djembekah

my nose ring came out in the middle of the night. it's still the initial piercing jewelry so it's this big dumb screw that's a pain in the arse to put back in. it's back in though but its so swollen now u.u sigh

also Cinderella is still worrying me. clamped, lethargic, breathing hard...i thought she was okay so i put her back in to the 29, and she went straight to the bottom and just sat there until someone chased her, then she hid under the drift wood again. so she's back in the floating quarantine together :( idk what's going on with her. i'm worried.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:47 AM   #43810 
Sakura8

Kinetic, I'm always all for more pets. :D My vote goes for a hamster or community tank. If you get guppies, get all males. Any females in there and you'll have a guppy headache on your hands.

Ouch, I'm sorry Bekah. :( And I'm sorry about Cinderella. I know the feeling. 3 out of 5 girls in my sorority are acting funny and all clamped up. 2 of those 3 have tumors. Sororities are a lot of fun but a lot of worry.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese