Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-03-2012, 01:45 AM   #43851 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tiki, beware of cheap flea meds. They can and have killed. In flea meds, it's best not to skimp. I use Revolution for my cats but prior to that I used both Frontline and Advantage or whatever it's called. I recommend both. Whatever you do, avoid flea collars.
I wanted to aviod the meds all together but fleas and ticks here are freakin horrible because of the mild winter the northeast had. I know flea collars are bad and anything by Hartz as well. I seen the reviews of Adams and most say it does not work but a few say it takes longer to work then the others..plus I think alot some people don't try and de-flea their house and where the fleas live outside. Kinda like I think most people who say NAY about bettafix either had a really sick fish already or the did not follow directions and OD'ed the fish causing it to sufficate

I already used the Adams and I do not want to apply anything else for another 10 days. It's not him with the fleas, its my mothers dogs and my sisters 2 cats that are infested.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #43852 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

o-o I hope I never get fleas.

Okay- so AquaAdvisor puts this at 160% stocked. It's supposed to be safe to go up to 200% on the site (general idea- just like everything else with that site):
1 Delhezi Bichir
1 Senegal Bichir
1 Leopard Ctenopoma (maybe I'll get 2 depending on price)
1 African knife fish
3 Ropefish
2 African Butterfly Fish
1 Featherfin Catfish (except getting a different species)
2 Kribensis
9 Congo Tetra

I think that's it. I don't think I'm going to change anything with this. Final stocking plan is final for once. xD
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:54 AM   #43853 
Laki

Sadly, it's only a matter of time before they hitch a ride in to Bubbles. I saw a flea here and neither my cat or bunny goes outside! Adult fleas hitch rides on us. Anyway. I heard good things about diatomaceous earth and I have personally used apple cider vinegar on my dog. I swear by acv and you can start using it right away!
As for vacuuming. Flea eggs will be laid in cracks and beds and crevices around the house and can survive for a month or more. So what ou should do is attack now. Get some flea collars and stick them in the vacuum (never on an animal) and vacuum the walls and under furniture and pet beds. Any fleas and eggs that get sucked up will die in the vacuum bag. Then you can sprinkle baking soda around until you get diatomaceous earth. The eggs require the gel sac they're in and baking soda (as with DE) works to dry it out, effectively killing the egg.
Fleas are such a b**** to see around. I might have to treat my bunny for the first time in her life because both adult fleas I found were around her and I\m afraid they might take her as a host bc Oliver is on the Revolution stuff.
Works 12-8 today. kill me.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:58 AM   #43854 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Laki, you should be able to use Revolution on your bun too. The vet I work with said it's not officially approved for guinea pigs and yet vets that use it all say it's safe for guinea pigs, so it's probably safe for buns too. He said the only reason they won't get it approved/licensed for small animals is because the company thinks there's no money in doing that.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:09 AM   #43855 
Laki

It's the adult kind. For cats 2.6kg to 7.5 kg.. She might be about 5 lbs (2.26 kg)

Would this matter?
Old 08-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #43856 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Don't trust me on that much, ask your vet that looks at your bunny.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #43857 
Laki

I will have to call them I suppose. I have no money now until Sept either way. I know for sure you can use the kitten revolution but I don't know bunny's specific weight. Grrr. Even when my dog had a bad flea problem (from the stupid wild mice) none touched my bunny. I know I cannot keep playing with fire though. She's almost 6 yrs old so I need to really get proactive!

Method of "starving" my assassins so they'll eat the snails= fail. One I think died. Why won't they eat?!?!!!??!?
Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #43858 
thekinetic

I just bought my new tank from my LFS, freaking nice tank too. It has flourescent lights and moonlight led, and camwith all the trimmings like filter, heater, hood, and stand. Great deal too.

Now to set it up for some guppies! ^_^

P.s. How many guppies per gallon should I add, I've heard one per gallon?
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 10:51 AM   #43859 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
o-o I hope I never get fleas.

Okay- so AquaAdvisor puts this at 160% stocked. It's supposed to be safe to go up to 200% on the site (general idea- just like everything else with that site):
1 Delhezi Bichir
1 Senegal Bichir
1 Leopard Ctenopoma (maybe I'll get 2 depending on price)
1 African knife fish
3 Ropefish
2 African Butterfly Fish
1 Featherfin Catfish (except getting a different species)
2 Kribensis
9 Congo Tetra

I think that's it. I don't think I'm going to change anything with this. Final stocking plan is final for once. xD
That's going to be amazing!
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #43860 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese