Originally Posted by Olympia
18k kelvin... isn't that for corals? I thought plants don't absorb that high up the spectrum.
Yeppers..it's mainly for a coral tank. It was recommended to me by a guy on plantedtank.net and actually caused a bunch of drama. Mainly with folks saying it would kill my plants..it would cause outrageous amount of algae etc etc. I gave it a go..simply because a lot of people on the net act like they know what they are talking about and are quick to disagree without actually trying something for themselves.
The guy who recommended it to me actually seemed like he knew what he was talking about. I can't or won't argue with the results. My biggest concern was with algae growth and I have noticed very little. After almost 6 months of use the plant growth in that tank is phenomenal