Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #43991 
djembekah

guys check this out- i found it on tumblr.

this person houses a betta with their discus. i am assuming that she is an experienced aquarist, based on what her blog consists of, but i thought it was crazy so i shared it ^-^
i found it here: http://cindypaterson.tumblr.com/
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:25 PM   #43992 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Yea. Even high light doesn't go up to 10k I believe.

Ugh I'm such a baby. My parents went camping for the night so I'm home alone. I cut up cucumber for the farlowella, and just remembered that I didn't give it to him... I'm too scared to leave my room to get it. :(
Aww, there's no reason to be scared. But then I'm not one to give that sort of advice as when the power goes out I usually sleep with the covers over my head. ^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #43993 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Tiki the Erio is a difficult plant that doesn't do well without CO2 from what I've read.

Bekah, not surprised, discus are actually very peaceful and both betta and discus do well in high temperatures.

Kinetic... There's sounds EVERYWHERE, and there's all these movements and flashing things and I swear I'm sober lol... I'm just going to go to bed and hope the night is over soon.

Night guys!
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #43994 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
18k kelvin... isn't that for corals? I thought plants don't absorb that high up the spectrum.
Yeppers..it's mainly for a coral tank. It was recommended to me by a guy on plantedtank.net and actually caused a bunch of drama. Mainly with folks saying it would kill my plants..it would cause outrageous amount of algae etc etc. I gave it a go..simply because a lot of people on the net act like they know what they are talking about and are quick to disagree without actually trying something for themselves.
The guy who recommended it to me actually seemed like he knew what he was talking about. I can't or won't argue with the results. My biggest concern was with algae growth and I have noticed very little. After almost 6 months of use the plant growth in that tank is phenomenal
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:35 PM   #43995 
djembekah

that's cool to know Olympia. I really want discus someday. I wonder if a discus/betta sorority tank would be doable?
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #43996 
Tikibirds

i tried. There is some site that has a low light combo of plants but I dont remember who.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #43997 
Silverfang

I need to get a half dozen more ladies... but I think Sakura and my still unnamed lady are reaching their end. They sleep on the sand, and Sakura has always had issues. She's the one who poops from her side... yes her side.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:55 PM   #43998 
eaturbyfill

Could I use 100% silicone and make caves from natural looking aquarium rocks? Is that safe? I have extra rocks..
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #43999 
Relic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
Could I use 100% silicone and make caves from natural looking aquarium rocks? Is that safe? I have extra rocks..
Just make sure it doesn't have any mold inhibitors in it. I think GE silicone I is good to go. After you do what ya gotta do let it air out until you no longer smell the silicone and it'll be fine.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:58 PM   #44000 
thekinetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
I would suppose you could as they make decorations out of silicone but you might want to get the opinion of someone more experianced in it than I am.
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese