Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-05-2012, 02:19 AM   #44011 
Sakura8

You'd have to have a lot of fish to make enough waste. I think you have to feed them phytoplankton or something. That or seriously overfeed your tank.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #44012 
Laki

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishyFishy89 View Post
Emma went to the vet Friday. 24 hrs on twice daily aintibotics and I think I don't see anymore blood. Either that or considerably less blood. She has 5-6 more days left of antibiotics.
I sincerely hope she's okay!

I have to go feed my friend's rats today. I was supposed to get her dog Mia again but she found someone last minute.. As if it was a burden to me to watch the dog! I loved Mia! And I have DentaStix here for her...I'm a sad panda but a good friend. I'll go feed the darn rats. One is hairless which I don't like but one's a broken hooded dumbo so she alone makes up for the gross hairless one! lol Then there's a standard hooded.

What else... Oh Paypal. I don't even want to discuss the madness infuriation that is Paypal. My ebay stars (reputation) are all messed up because I have to keep changing my accounts. Deleting old accounts in order to order from a new one. Makes me look like a new user, I've been using ebay for 4 years.

The lady at the LPA yesterday was overheard telling the ppl she wouldn't stop serving for 2 seconds that female bettas were extremely territorial (good) and not to get them for the fish they were getting.. But said male bettas would eat the fins off the goldfish they were buying.. They got like 3 medium goldfish and a pleco and some smaller tropical fish. I don't know what size tank but *facepalm*

It's too early. Gets to open the store alone today so I'll be making my breakfast there even though the place is dirty as hell and it disgusts me.
3 major no-no's... No first aid kit there, no sanitizing wipes for counter tops (this is a place that deals with a lot of raw meat), and chicken is stored in a cooler on a shelf above fresh veggies in used bread bags.
I cannot wait until August 30-31 when I quit. I have picture evidence to take to labour and inspection boards. The bosses have been asked more than once by me to comply.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:14 AM   #44013 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Plans for the 20gal

B) get rid of all the fish AND plants
Stocking list
2 convict cichlids
or
2 buffalohead cichlids
HEY I'm getting buffalo heads! (You probably saw)! We can be buffalo buddies!
I read that when they spawn, once the babies come out of the cave the parents guard them and shepherd them around. It sounds cute but I don't think it'd go over well in my tank... xD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura8 View Post
Wouldn't a datnioid be too big for a 55gal? Not sure I'd want to spend like $26 for a fish Sparky might shock to death. When or if I get to upgrade to a 180 or more, then I can have some real fun.

I want mouthbrooders but they're all too big for my 20gal except for wild bettas. Wild bettas want soft water and lotsa plants. Don't want to mess with plants anymore. I still wonder if I can't put 3-4 pseudotropheus socolofi in there. Otherwise, I guess I'll go with 2 convicts. :/
Yes a datnoid would grow too big for a 55 gallon.
Hey did you know arowana are mouthbrooders? I swear, they're calling you!

Just googled "small moutbrooder" and this fish came up first. Not that bad looking I suppose:
Egyptian Mouthbrooder, Dwarf Victoria Mouthbrooder - Pseudocrenilabrus multicolour

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
Could I use 100% silicone and make caves from natural looking aquarium rocks? Is that safe? I have extra rocks..
GE I silicone... yes, but I bought "kitchen and bath" silicone, which has fungicide even though it doesn't say that.. You want to get GE I Silicone Doors and Windows.. which is what most people on the forum use.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #44014 
thekinetic

My dad used to keep all kind of coral life in his salt tank, and some like the tube worm (feather duster) he had to feed with a turkey baster full of brine shrimp. So mabey with clams you couldtry feed them that way with whatever they eat?

Laki; oh deffiantly take them down when you leave because frankly EWW! O_O
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:59 AM   #44015 
Yuuie

morning all
Yuuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:02 AM   #44016 
dramaqueen
Banned

Good morning. My neck is killing me.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:09 AM   #44017 
Relic

I went to Wal-Mart today and actually left with everything that was on the list and nothing more! woohoo! And there where actually more registers open than customers standing in line! Amazing! I tried to find a 18" light fixture for a blue light but they didn't have one.
Relic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #44018 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
GE I silicone... yes, but I bought "kitchen and bath" silicone, which has fungicide even though it doesn't say that.. You want to get GE I Silicone Doors and Windows.. which is what most people on the forum use.
Okay. My hubby managed to dig up some 100% silicone. Is it okay? It's Red Devil brand and the ingredients are methyltriacetoxysilane, ethyltriacetoxysilane, and petroleum distillate. If this isn't good, I'll buy the kind you mentioned.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:00 PM   #44019 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaturbyfill View Post
Okay. My hubby managed to dig up some 100% silicone. Is it okay? It's Red Devil brand and the ingredients are methyltriacetoxysilane, ethyltriacetoxysilane, and petroleum distillate. If this isn't good, I'll buy the kind you mentioned.
I wouldn't.
My silicone has the fungicide and it still says 100% silicone.. so I'd just use what everyone else is using.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #44020 
eaturbyfill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
I wouldn't.
My silicone has the fungicide and it still says 100% silicone.. so I'd just use what everyone else is using.
Yeah, it's just that money's tight so I'm trying to make use of what I have.
eaturbyfill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese